Apr 27, 2010, 1:53 PM EST
As the days pass, it’s becoming more and more evident that the worries Irish fans had about Brian Kelly being able to recruit blue-chip prospects is obsolete.
National recruit Ben Koyack, out of Oil City, Pennsylvania, has given his verbal commitment to the Fighting Irish, just three days after visiting campus for the Blue-Gold Game.
Koyack had offers from coast to coast, with Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, LSU, and USC among a slew of others. He had narrowed his choices down to Notre Dame, Penn State, and Ohio State before choosing the Irish.
I’ll wait for the recruiting websites to tell us just how good of a prospect Koyack is, but any time you get a 6-foot-5 tight end with an offer list like he has, you’ve got to be pretty excited. Score a big win for tight ends coach Mike Denbrock, as well as the rest of Kelly’s staff.
Koyack is the eight verbal commitment for the Irish in the 2011 class, and the fourth to commit since the Blue-Gold game.
- Pregame Six Pack: The present and future of a key rivalry 0
- And in that corner… The USC Trojans 42
- Secondary depth chart reaches red-line status 14
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 96
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40