Apr 27, 2010, 1:53 PM EDT
As the days pass, it’s becoming more and more evident that the worries Irish fans had about Brian Kelly being able to recruit blue-chip prospects is obsolete.
National recruit Ben Koyack, out of Oil City, Pennsylvania, has given his verbal commitment to the Fighting Irish, just three days after visiting campus for the Blue-Gold Game.
Koyack had offers from coast to coast, with Ohio State, Oklahoma, Penn State, LSU, and USC among a slew of others. He had narrowed his choices down to Notre Dame, Penn State, and Ohio State before choosing the Irish.
I’ll wait for the recruiting websites to tell us just how good of a prospect Koyack is, but any time you get a 6-foot-5 tight end with an offer list like he has, you’ve got to be pretty excited. Score a big win for tight ends coach Mike Denbrock, as well as the rest of Kelly’s staff.
Koyack is the eight verbal commitment for the Irish in the 2011 class, and the fourth to commit since the Blue-Gold game.
- VanGorder finds perfect fit at Notre Dame 46
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Bye week 46
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 111
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 159
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31