May 18, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
As expected, Notre Dame tight end Mike Ragone pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor marijuana charges in LaGrange County court Monday. Ragone and his girlfriend, who was also charged, have a trial date pending in June.
Ragone was not present in court, but was represented by South Bend attorney Jeffrey Stesiak, a partner at Pfeifer, Morgan & Stesiak, a firm that specializes in personal injury law.
Ragone was originally charged on May 8, when marijuana was found in his girlfriend’s purse after he was stopped for speeding on the Indiana Toll Road.
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 68
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12
- In a time of change, Denbrock a constant 35