May 18, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
As expected, Notre Dame tight end Mike Ragone pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor marijuana charges in LaGrange County court Monday. Ragone and his girlfriend, who was also charged, have a trial date pending in June.
Ragone was not present in court, but was represented by South Bend attorney Jeffrey Stesiak, a partner at Pfeifer, Morgan & Stesiak, a firm that specializes in personal injury law.
Ragone was originally charged on May 8, when marijuana was found in his girlfriend’s purse after he was stopped for speeding on the Indiana Toll Road.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 128
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69