May 18, 2010, 1:44 PM EDT
As expected, Notre Dame tight end Mike Ragone pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor marijuana charges in LaGrange County court Monday. Ragone and his girlfriend, who was also charged, have a trial date pending in June.
Ragone was not present in court, but was represented by South Bend attorney Jeffrey Stesiak, a partner at Pfeifer, Morgan & Stesiak, a firm that specializes in personal injury law.
Ragone was originally charged on May 8, when marijuana was found in his girlfriend’s purse after he was stopped for speeding on the Indiana Toll Road.
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 49
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 105
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172