May 26, 2010, 5:11 PM EST
On his worldwide quest for global saturation (I might be stretching it a bit), Brian Kelly hit the airwaves yesterday with Notre Dame’s most ubiquitous fan: Regis Philbin.
Kelly seemed at ease with Regis and Kelly Ripa, who did her best to seem interested, and showed another example of BK as a true statesman for the university.
“I think you can do it both in the class room and on the football field,” Kelly said. “I want to be able to prove you can have great academics and can do it on the football field as well. I don’t go to the office everyday thinking I’m the head coach of Notre Dame football, I’d jump out my window. I go in understanding there’s a process of developing a football team, and I’ve been doing it 20 years, so we’re going to continue to do the things we’ve done so far, and it’s worked out pretty good.”
Kelly got in a couple good one-liners, seemed to have Kelly Ripa genuinely interested in the conversation, and hit the standard talking points while passing off an autographed helmet to Regis. All in all, a good four minutes promoting the university to a demographic that isn’t exactly filled with die-hard college football fans.
For the entire clip, check it out here at UND.com.
- Pregame Six Pack: The present and future of a key rivalry 0
- And in that corner… The USC Trojans 42
- Secondary depth chart reaches red-line status 14
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 96
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40