May 26, 2010, 5:11 PM EST
On his worldwide quest for global saturation (I might be stretching it a bit), Brian Kelly hit the airwaves yesterday with Notre Dame’s most ubiquitous fan: Regis Philbin.
Kelly seemed at ease with Regis and Kelly Ripa, who did her best to seem interested, and showed another example of BK as a true statesman for the university.
“I think you can do it both in the class room and on the football field,” Kelly said. “I want to be able to prove you can have great academics and can do it on the football field as well. I don’t go to the office everyday thinking I’m the head coach of Notre Dame football, I’d jump out my window. I go in understanding there’s a process of developing a football team, and I’ve been doing it 20 years, so we’re going to continue to do the things we’ve done so far, and it’s worked out pretty good.”
Kelly got in a couple good one-liners, seemed to have Kelly Ripa genuinely interested in the conversation, and hit the standard talking points while passing off an autographed helmet to Regis. All in all, a good four minutes promoting the university to a demographic that isn’t exactly filled with die-hard college football fans.
For the entire clip, check it out here at UND.com.
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 55
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) (96)
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford (79)
- Notre Dame accepts bid to play in Pinstripe Bowl (73)
- Friday notes: Additions, Bowls, Coaches and Departures (70)
- Rumors swirl as Chuck Martin looks headed for Miami (OH) head job (29)