Jun 5, 2010, 4:05 PM EST
While my friends and brother are probably sick of hearing about it, blog readers are unaware of my football throwing abilities. I’ve been known to make a preposterous statement or two, but one that I’m especially fond of making is my claim that I throw a better ball than seven percent of D-I quarterbacks.
Rationale: I’m more than willing to admit that I don’t have a canon like Dayne Crist or Ryan Mallett, but I’m pretty sure there’s a guy or two running the Wing-T at Army or Navy that I can throw better than. That kid at Michigan who doesn’t tie his shoes? Pretty sure he’d beat me in a forty if he spotted me twenty yards, but after watching him throw last year, I’m feeling pretty good about my chances.
Starting Monday, I’ll finally get a reality check. And it’ll likely be courtesy of offensive coordinator Charley Molnar and head coach Brian Kelly.
The 2010 Notre Dame Football Fantasy Camp kicks off Monday, and I’ll be one of the 35 guys throwing on the brand new uniforms of the Fighting Irish and joining the team for a week. We’ve got four days packed full of workouts, meetings, and scrimmages, all put together by Director of Football Operations Chad Klunder and culminating with our very own Blue-Gold Game in Notre Dame stadium.
Come Monday, I’ll be checking in at the Guglielmino Athletics Complex, getting screened by head trainer Jim Russ, forced to give my height and weight, and then fitted for for all my varsity issue equipment.
I’ll do my best to take you guys along with me, as I work hand-in-hand with the new coaching staff as they ply their trade making us the best football players we can be.
I’ll keep this short, I’ve got some footwork drills to work on.
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 55
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) (96)
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford (79)
- Notre Dame accepts bid to play in Pinstripe Bowl (73)
- Friday notes: Additions, Bowls, Coaches and Departures (70)
- Rumors swirl as Chuck Martin looks headed for Miami (OH) head job (29)