Jul 23, 2010, 1:03 PM EDT
A fun YouTube video is circling the web right now with Notre Dame softball pitcher Jody Valdivia throwing a little BP to wide receiver Michael Floyd and tight end Mike Ragone. Apparently the guys thought they had a chance at taking Valdivia deep in the friendly confines of Melissa Cook Stadium on the Notre Dame campus.
Maybe the guys mistook Valdivia for a bar-league hurler, because she only happens to be a 38-game-winner last season for the Irish, sporting an ERA of under 2.00 as well. If that wasn’t a hint of how things went, let’s just let the video do the talking.
You’ve got to give Ragone credit for catching up with one pitch and sending it deep over the 220-foot right-center field fence, but otherwise it was a whole lot of swinging and missing for the boys.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12