Jul 23, 2010, 1:03 PM EDT
A fun YouTube video is circling the web right now with Notre Dame softball pitcher Jody Valdivia throwing a little BP to wide receiver Michael Floyd and tight end Mike Ragone. Apparently the guys thought they had a chance at taking Valdivia deep in the friendly confines of Melissa Cook Stadium on the Notre Dame campus.
Maybe the guys mistook Valdivia for a bar-league hurler, because she only happens to be a 38-game-winner last season for the Irish, sporting an ERA of under 2.00 as well. If that wasn’t a hint of how things went, let’s just let the video do the talking.
You’ve got to give Ragone credit for catching up with one pitch and sending it deep over the 220-foot right-center field fence, but otherwise it was a whole lot of swinging and missing for the boys.
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 31
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 103
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 171
- ESPN Report: Golson plans to transfer 18