Jul 23, 2010, 1:03 PM EDT
A fun YouTube video is circling the web right now with Notre Dame softball pitcher Jody Valdivia throwing a little BP to wide receiver Michael Floyd and tight end Mike Ragone. Apparently the guys thought they had a chance at taking Valdivia deep in the friendly confines of Melissa Cook Stadium on the Notre Dame campus.
Maybe the guys mistook Valdivia for a bar-league hurler, because she only happens to be a 38-game-winner last season for the Irish, sporting an ERA of under 2.00 as well. If that wasn’t a hint of how things went, let’s just let the video do the talking.
You’ve got to give Ragone credit for catching up with one pitch and sending it deep over the 220-foot right-center field fence, but otherwise it was a whole lot of swinging and missing for the boys.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 128
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69