Jul 23, 2010, 1:03 PM EDT
A fun YouTube video is circling the web right now with Notre Dame softball pitcher Jody Valdivia throwing a little BP to wide receiver Michael Floyd and tight end Mike Ragone. Apparently the guys thought they had a chance at taking Valdivia deep in the friendly confines of Melissa Cook Stadium on the Notre Dame campus.
Maybe the guys mistook Valdivia for a bar-league hurler, because she only happens to be a 38-game-winner last season for the Irish, sporting an ERA of under 2.00 as well. If that wasn’t a hint of how things went, let’s just let the video do the talking.
You’ve got to give Ragone credit for catching up with one pitch and sending it deep over the 220-foot right-center field fence, but otherwise it was a whole lot of swinging and missing for the boys.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64