Jul 23, 2010, 1:03 PM EDT
A fun YouTube video is circling the web right now with Notre Dame softball pitcher Jody Valdivia throwing a little BP to wide receiver Michael Floyd and tight end Mike Ragone. Apparently the guys thought they had a chance at taking Valdivia deep in the friendly confines of Melissa Cook Stadium on the Notre Dame campus.
Maybe the guys mistook Valdivia for a bar-league hurler, because she only happens to be a 38-game-winner last season for the Irish, sporting an ERA of under 2.00 as well. If that wasn’t a hint of how things went, let’s just let the video do the talking.
You’ve got to give Ragone credit for catching up with one pitch and sending it deep over the 220-foot right-center field fence, but otherwise it was a whole lot of swinging and missing for the boys.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39