18 days and counting…

Aug 17, 2010, 4:20 PM EDT

Here’s a quick teaser the crew at NBC put together for the opening of Notre Dame football season. Tough not to get excited watching this…

We’ve got plenty of good news coming about our online coverage and live blogs in the days to come, but thought you’d all enjoy this.

It’ll be September 4th before you know it.

1. ugetwutuask4 - Aug 17, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Chills, goose bumps…. made my hairs’ stand up.
    Go Irish!!!

2. Paul - Aug 18, 2010 at 4:56 AM

Hi Keith,
    I’ve really enjoyed your articles over the summer, you really have kept me up to date with everything Irish! I’m following all things Notre Dame from Ireland so I just hope more of the games this season will be streamed on the internet so I get to see them – no coverage over here unfortunately. Thanks again

3. terry - Aug 18, 2010 at 7:12 AM

I’m as big an Irish fan as anyone but this is way over the top BAD. After you’ve seen one ad with ultra-dramatic slo-mo with end-of-the-world voices in the background you’ve seen them all. I applaud Kelly’s enthusiasm for the job and his appreciation for ND’s heritage and the obvious fact that the players have bought into it, which bodes well for the future, but enough is enough and too much is too much.
    This is almost as bad as the 6 hour pre-game show before the Super Bowl, and in this case ND hasn’t even played a game.
    At the end of the day it’s just a GAME.

4. Mike - Aug 18, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Terry, If you did not like that short video then you are not an Irish fan. I’m looking forward to the Kelly Era. Go Irish

5. Matt - Aug 18, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Terry,
    I AM A HUGE NOTRE DAME FAN!!! I thought the video was great!!! Its attitudes like yours that leads people to believe that losing is ok and thats why Notre Dame has been in the toilet since Lou left. Its also why when I go to a game on a yearly basis the stadium is so quiet, you would think you were at a funeral. I hope this year the people who share your views stay home so the rest of us can “Stand Up” and cheer for our team as they leave the field as winners. GO IRISH!!!!!

6. Damien - Aug 19, 2010 at 8:30 AM

Anyone know the name of the background music? Please let me know. Thanks.