Aug 31, 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
While the Irish will be doing battle with the Boilermakers at 3:30 EST, Michigan will be opening up with Connecticut at the Big House. It’s far from the standard opening weekend fare for the Wolverines, and you’ve got to think that the upstart Huskies and coach Randy Edsall feel confident.
Or at least their marketing department does.
Right now, at the top of MLive.com sports page, the two major banner advertisements are painted blue-and-white thanks to the University of Connecticut, taunting the loyal Michigan readers.
Both ads redirect you to a website hosted on UConn’s university website, where a video asks, “Can UConn be stopped?”
Check it out for yourself. Consider the score UConn 1, Michigan 0 at kick off.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12