Aug 31, 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
While the Irish will be doing battle with the Boilermakers at 3:30 EST, Michigan will be opening up with Connecticut at the Big House. It’s far from the standard opening weekend fare for the Wolverines, and you’ve got to think that the upstart Huskies and coach Randy Edsall feel confident.
Or at least their marketing department does.
Right now, at the top of MLive.com sports page, the two major banner advertisements are painted blue-and-white thanks to the University of Connecticut, taunting the loyal Michigan readers.
Both ads redirect you to a website hosted on UConn’s university website, where a video asks, “Can UConn be stopped?”
Check it out for yourself. Consider the score UConn 1, Michigan 0 at kick off.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69