Aug 31, 2010, 9:33 PM EDT
While the Irish will be doing battle with the Boilermakers at 3:30 EST, Michigan will be opening up with Connecticut at the Big House. It’s far from the standard opening weekend fare for the Wolverines, and you’ve got to think that the upstart Huskies and coach Randy Edsall feel confident.
Or at least their marketing department does.
Right now, at the top of MLive.com sports page, the two major banner advertisements are painted blue-and-white thanks to the University of Connecticut, taunting the loyal Michigan readers.
Both ads redirect you to a website hosted on UConn’s university website, where a video asks, “Can UConn be stopped?”
Check it out for yourself. Consider the score UConn 1, Michigan 0 at kick off.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64