Aug 31, 2010, 9:33 PM EST
While the Irish will be doing battle with the Boilermakers at 3:30 EST, Michigan will be opening up with Connecticut at the Big House. It’s far from the standard opening weekend fare for the Wolverines, and you’ve got to think that the upstart Huskies and coach Randy Edsall feel confident.
Or at least their marketing department does.
Right now, at the top of MLive.com sports page, the two major banner advertisements are painted blue-and-white thanks to the University of Connecticut, taunting the loyal Michigan readers.
Both ads redirect you to a website hosted on UConn’s university website, where a video asks, “Can UConn be stopped?”
Check it out for yourself. Consider the score UConn 1, Michigan 0 at kick off.
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 55
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) (96)
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford (79)
- Friday notes: Additions, Bowls, Coaches and Departures (70)
- Notre Dame accepts bid to play in Pinstripe Bowl (68)
- Rumors swirl as Chuck Martin looks headed for Miami (OH) head job (29)