Sep 10, 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
How about this blast from the past? 1988. A rare night game in Notre Dame Stadium. Reggie Ho gaining immortality. A field goal sailing wide that helped the Irish continue on their path to a national championship.
2002 was another great memory for Irish fans. In Return to Glory: 2002 Edition, the Irish upset Lloyd Carr’s No. 7 ranked Irish thanks to the running of Ryan Grant and the defense of cornerback Shane Walton. This writer was a recently graduated student spending his first game in regular people seats, and looked on with jealous and the student section emptied.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 40
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 106
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93