Sep 10, 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
How about this blast from the past? 1988. A rare night game in Notre Dame Stadium. Reggie Ho gaining immortality. A field goal sailing wide that helped the Irish continue on their path to a national championship.
2002 was another great memory for Irish fans. In Return to Glory: 2002 Edition, the Irish upset Lloyd Carr’s No. 7 ranked Irish thanks to the running of Ryan Grant and the defense of cornerback Shane Walton. This writer was a recently graduated student spending his first game in regular people seats, and looked on with jealous and the student section emptied.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12