Sep 10, 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
How about this blast from the past? 1988. A rare night game in Notre Dame Stadium. Reggie Ho gaining immortality. A field goal sailing wide that helped the Irish continue on their path to a national championship.
2002 was another great memory for Irish fans. In Return to Glory: 2002 Edition, the Irish upset Lloyd Carr’s No. 7 ranked Irish thanks to the running of Ryan Grant and the defense of cornerback Shane Walton. This writer was a recently graduated student spending his first game in regular people seats, and looked on with jealous and the student section emptied.
- Notre Dame’s post-spring depth chart: Offense 30
- The good, the bad, the ugly: 85th Blue-Gold game 73
- Five things we learned: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 66
- Pregame Six Pack: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 19
- Blue-Gold game: Ten Irish players to watch 26
- Establishing expectations for Brian VanGorder’s defense 37