Sep 12, 2010, 5:34 PM EST
For Irish fans still feeling the after-effects of the 28-24 loss to Michigan, Notre Dame did win two important battles this weekend, picking up recruiting commitments from high-profile prospects George and Josh Atkinson this weekend.
Multiple websites are reporting that the twin brothers gave their pledge to head coach Brian Kelly this weekend during their official recruiting visit. George is an explosive offensive player with an offer list that includes most of the nation’s best schools. Josh is a six-foot tall cornerback with offers not quite as prestigious, but most of the Pac-10. Their father George Atkinson spent over a decade in the NFL as a safety.
The Irish now have 18 verbal commitments to their 2011 recruiting class, a group that likely will expand a few more spots with the recent transfer of Derek Roback and Shaq Evans.
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 178
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94
- And in that corner… The Louisville Cardinal 52
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Northwestern 100
- Five things we learned: Northwestern 43, Notre Dame 40 233