Sep 12, 2010, 5:34 PM EST
For Irish fans still feeling the after-effects of the 28-24 loss to Michigan, Notre Dame did win two important battles this weekend, picking up recruiting commitments from high-profile prospects George and Josh Atkinson this weekend.
Multiple websites are reporting that the twin brothers gave their pledge to head coach Brian Kelly this weekend during their official recruiting visit. George is an explosive offensive player with an offer list that includes most of the nation’s best schools. Josh is a six-foot tall cornerback with offers not quite as prestigious, but most of the Pac-10. Their father George Atkinson spent over a decade in the NFL as a safety.
The Irish now have 18 verbal commitments to their 2011 recruiting class, a group that likely will expand a few more spots with the recent transfer of Derek Roback and Shaq Evans.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39