Sep 12, 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
For Irish fans still feeling the after-effects of the 28-24 loss to Michigan, Notre Dame did win two important battles this weekend, picking up recruiting commitments from high-profile prospects George and Josh Atkinson this weekend.
Multiple websites are reporting that the twin brothers gave their pledge to head coach Brian Kelly this weekend during their official recruiting visit. George is an explosive offensive player with an offer list that includes most of the nation’s best schools. Josh is a six-foot tall cornerback with offers not quite as prestigious, but most of the Pac-10. Their father George Atkinson spent over a decade in the NFL as a safety.
The Irish now have 18 verbal commitments to their 2011 recruiting class, a group that likely will expand a few more spots with the recent transfer of Derek Roback and Shaq Evans.
- The good, the bad, the ugly: 85th Blue-Gold game 67
- Five things we learned: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 64
- Pregame Six Pack: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 19
- Blue-Gold game: Ten Irish players to watch 26
- Establishing expectations for Brian VanGorder’s defense 37
- Kelly rolls the dice again with position switches 61