Sep 15, 2010, 9:36 PM EDT
Eric Hansen of the South Bend Tribune is reporting that Brian Kelly and company received a gigantic commitment this evening from another blue-chip defensive end, Georgia-native Stephon Tuitt.
His commitment gives the Irish arguably the best one-two recruiting punch at defensive end in the country with Tuitt joining Aaron Lynch as two national, mega-prospects. Add in Fort Wayne’s Tony Springmann and Dublin Coffman’s Brad Carrico, Kelly will be bringing in four prototype 3-4 defensive ends, something that was critical to the recruiting class this year.
Tuitt was blown away by his visit to South Bend this weekend, telling AJC.com:
“I didn’t expect the visit to go so well. It went really well. I saw things I never thought I’d see. Just looking at the campus and seeing all the history was great.”
That his mom loved Notre Dame only added to the sales pitch. Tuitt had scholarship offers from most of the SEC, and other national choices as well. With an impressive recruiting week, the Irish now have 19 verbal commitments, and the bus is pretty close to being full.
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 24
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Syracuse 95
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 31, Syracuse 15 163
- Pregame Six Pack: Syracuse in the way of perfect September 41
- And in that corner… The Syracuse Orange 34
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 130