Live Blog: Notre Dame vs. Michigan State

Sep 18, 2010, 6:00 PM EST

<a href=”http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=42263aa22c” >Notre Dame vs. Michigan State</a>
  1. PeterF - Sep 19, 2010 at 12:41 AM

I think the main reason ND is stuck in the muck they’re in now is the same as Army. No incentive to go there. The typical high school superstar is not interested in a quality education or living/playing in the shadows of ghosts from forty years ago. TV and BCS money ruined ND. North Carolina, Alabama, USC can all recruit because they are TV darlings and their coaches know how the play the game off the field (if you catch my drift).

2. BOB - Sep 19, 2010 at 12:43 AM

HE CANT PLAY DEFENSE EITHER. HIS READS ARE SO SCREWED UP, HES ALWAYS OUT OF POSITION

3. Dayton - Sep 19, 2010 at 12:47 AM

To quote Jim Carrey from Dumb and Dumber, “I read ya’.”
    Lloyd: “So you’re tellin’ me there’s a chance…Yeah! I read ya.”

4. PeterF - Sep 19, 2010 at 12:53 AM

As far as Army is concerned, reinstate the draft.

5. Dayton - Sep 19, 2010 at 12:56 AM

You know Vince Lombardi once served as an assistant at Army? They used to be quite the powerhouse. Kinda’ reminds me of a certain team that I cheer for.

6. Bill - Sep 19, 2010 at 1:14 AM

I got the privledge of watching the final play in slow motion b/c my intoxicated friend grabbed the DVR remote and decided to slow down the play.. It made me so ill having to see that. However it seemed as though the guy running out to guard the TE on the play was tackled by a down field blocker? I don’t remember the last time that was legal. Num 1. It was either a pick play witch last I checked was frowned upon. If by chance it wasn’t a pick.. the defender was flat tackled!!!! Extreamly humerous how that got allowed. I think the refs were out of position. Not even expecting a fake at all!

7. Dayton - Sep 19, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Last comment of the night. The inconsistent play of the offense and defense, the impact of this loss, and the immediate schedule for the Irish offer a grim dose of reality: the Irish will be 1-5 going into the Western Michigan game. I don’t want it to happen, but it’s going to happen. After that, who do they beat? Western Michigan? Tulsa? Army? Earlier, someone threw out 3-9 as a final regular season record. That’s if they’re lucky.

8. papadec1 - Sep 19, 2010 at 3:45 AM

My initial reaction regarding BK, at the end of the game, is best not repeated here. However, several hours have past, I have watched the final play over-and-over-and…, like several comments above I agree that the play clock expired, and the DE was knocked down. To BK’s credit he was gracious and said the player “slipped”. I think, and agree with some of the comments, that BK should have called a timeout before the play & also I think he should have challenged the play. He didn’t, we move on. I feel we have seen three very exciting games, and we will see many more this season and in the future. Don’t sell your NAVY tickets. Go & enjoy. I feel the defense has improved every week – even if the points allowed have increased. I watched the Stanford game, after getting my emotions under control, and it looks pretty glum for next week. However, I think we will have a successful season & surprise many detractors. Keep the faith, ladies & gentlemen, and GO IRISH !!!!!!!!

9. You'reBlind! - Sep 19, 2010 at 4:20 AM

Out of position? Are You blind Bob?

10. You'reBlind! - Sep 19, 2010 at 4:24 AM

Only if you don’t use it!