Oct 7, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
As many suspected, Brian Kelly announced that senior center Dan Wenger was ruled out for the season after suffering multiple concussions. Wenger had been out since before the Purdue game after he suffered two concussions during preseason camp.
Kelly was adamant that Wenger is still very much a part of the football team and has been spending time with mentoring underclassmen, providing a “student assistant angle” to guys like Chris Watt. Kelly revealed yesterday that Wenger had met with specialists at the University of Michigan to determine whether or not he’d be cleared to return to play.
Notre Dame and Wenger will explore the idea of a 6th year for Wenger, who has battled injuries since he arrived in South Bend, though no decision has been made yet.
- VanGorder finds perfect fit at Notre Dame 19
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Bye week 42
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Florida State 111
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 159
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31