Oct 7, 2010, 6:11 PM EDT
As many suspected, Brian Kelly announced that senior center Dan Wenger was ruled out for the season after suffering multiple concussions. Wenger had been out since before the Purdue game after he suffered two concussions during preseason camp.
Kelly was adamant that Wenger is still very much a part of the football team and has been spending time with mentoring underclassmen, providing a “student assistant angle” to guys like Chris Watt. Kelly revealed yesterday that Wenger had met with specialists at the University of Michigan to determine whether or not he’d be cleared to return to play.
Notre Dame and Wenger will explore the idea of a 6th year for Wenger, who has battled injuries since he arrived in South Bend, though no decision has been made yet.
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12
- In a time of change, Denbrock a constant 35
- How does Will Fuller follow up his monster 2014 season? 33