Oct 7, 2010, 6:11 PM EST
As many suspected, Brian Kelly announced that senior center Dan Wenger was ruled out for the season after suffering multiple concussions. Wenger had been out since before the Purdue game after he suffered two concussions during preseason camp.
Kelly was adamant that Wenger is still very much a part of the football team and has been spending time with mentoring underclassmen, providing a “student assistant angle” to guys like Chris Watt. Kelly revealed yesterday that Wenger had met with specialists at the University of Michigan to determine whether or not he’d be cleared to return to play.
Notre Dame and Wenger will explore the idea of a 6th year for Wenger, who has battled injuries since he arrived in South Bend, though no decision has been made yet.
- And in that corner… The USC Trojans 34
- Secondary depth chart reaches red-line status 14
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 96
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94