Oct 25, 2010, 9:51 PM EDT
Both Joe Schad of ESPN and Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune are reporting that Ian Williams has a torn MCL and will miss approximately 4-6 weeks, putting his availability for the rest of the regular season in doubt.
While the loss is undoubtedly a killer for an Irish defense that just played its worst game of the season, the knee injury is actually better news than I was expecting. Depending on the severity of the MCL tear, Williams might not even need surgery to repair it, and the long-term prognosis for the senior defensive tackle shouldn’t be effected.
Williams is leading defensive linemen with 37 stops, and has seen his NFL draft stock rise during his senior season.
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 52
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 105
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172