Oct 30, 2010, 11:05 PM EDT
Hours after the Irish lost to Tulsa 28-27, Declan Sullivan’s family released a statement:
This week our family lost Declan Drumm Sullivan in a tragic accident on the University of Notre Dame campus in South Bend, IN. Declan loved Notre Dame. He felt privileged to have a role with the football program videotaping games and practices. The grief we feel is tempered by the knowledge that Dec was doing what he loved in the place he most wanted to be.
We are grateful for the consideration shown to us by the Notre Dame administration and everyone associated with the University. The love for Declan from the Notre Dame community evident at the Mass of Remembrance has helped us cope with our grief. It is our hope those grieving with us find the support they need to get through this difficult time. We are drawing support from family and friends. The family appreciates your respect for our privacy as we come to terms with our loss.
Declan’s life was cut short after just twenty years, but he leaves this world a better place for having been here. We hope that all that knew him join us in celebrating our son’s life and remembering the joy he brought to so many.
Alison & Barry Sullivan
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39