Oct 30, 2010, 11:05 PM EDT
Hours after the Irish lost to Tulsa 28-27, Declan Sullivan’s family released a statement:
This week our family lost Declan Drumm Sullivan in a tragic accident on the University of Notre Dame campus in South Bend, IN. Declan loved Notre Dame. He felt privileged to have a role with the football program videotaping games and practices. The grief we feel is tempered by the knowledge that Dec was doing what he loved in the place he most wanted to be.
We are grateful for the consideration shown to us by the Notre Dame administration and everyone associated with the University. The love for Declan from the Notre Dame community evident at the Mass of Remembrance has helped us cope with our grief. It is our hope those grieving with us find the support they need to get through this difficult time. We are drawing support from family and friends. The family appreciates your respect for our privacy as we come to terms with our loss.
Declan’s life was cut short after just twenty years, but he leaves this world a better place for having been here. We hope that all that knew him join us in celebrating our son’s life and remembering the joy he brought to so many.
Alison & Barry Sullivan
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 49
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 105
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172