Nov 2, 2010, 2:12 PM EDT
With the Irish on bye week, there was no Tuesday Brian Kelly press conference, a likely relief for a coach supplying more questions than answers last weekend as the Irish found a way to lose to Tulsa 28-27, dropping their record to 4-5 on the year.
With no game to prep for this week, I thought we’d take a step back and look at how the Irish got to the place they’re at — a sub .500 record and needing two wins in the final three games to become bowl eligible, something that — for the third season in a row — looked all but a lock at midseason.
I’ll hopefully be bringing in a few different voices to contribute throughout the week, as I think a diverse set of viewpoints is needed during a season like this.
It’s not hard to point to a few obvious reasons why the Irish are 4-5 (turnovers, injuries, etc.), but hopefully we’ll uncover some not so obvious reasons as well.
Consider this a jumping off point to a Macro-week of blogging that’s sure to come.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12