Coverage map victory for ND/USC game

Nov 24, 2010, 12:25 PM EST

Getty Images - Jonathan Daniel Getty Images

After inexplicably giving most of the country the Oklahoma vs. Oklahoma State game, ABC and ESPN announced changes to their coverage map for Saturday night’s game between Notre Dame and USC.

According to the Notre Dame athletic department, ABC has made revisions and now the New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Harrisburg, and Pittsburgh markets have changed to coverage of the Notre Dame/USC game.

All in, about 46 percent of the country will see the Irish battle the Trojans, a vast improvement from the original map released on Monday.

1. mbadomer - Nov 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Can you post the link to the coverage map? Sadly, I have to go up north to the dark lands of MI this weekend and I’m worried that I’m not going to be able to catch the game on tv.

• ND Geek - Nov 24, 2010 at 2:37 PM

UHND posted this one: http://www.uhnd.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/uscndokokst2.jpg

Looks like as long as you’re not in the western part of the UP you should be fine.

• papadec - Nov 24, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Hey Geek – thank you.

2. papadec - Nov 24, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Go to ESPN and click on NCAAFB – then click on scores. In the upper right corner – click on broadcast maps. The only thing I saw were the two 3:30pm game maps for the Wisconsin game & the FSU/Fla game. The ND game is at the same time as Okla/OkSt. I didn’t see a broadcast map for that. But, I think one game is on ABC & the other on ESPN/ESPN2. I’m out here in PAC-10 country – so I’m hoping they show ND/usc. I’ll have to check a Seattle newspaper (the old fashioned way) for broadcast info, after Friday AM Mass & coffee @ “St. Arbucks” with the other “old timers”. Have a safe trip & good luck finding the game. GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. schuey73 - Nov 24, 2010 at 2:53 PM

This really stinks! I’ll be in Cental Wisconsin. Nobody there cares about OU and OSU, but there are a lot that love ND. I can DVR the ND game back home in South Bend, but there’s no way I’ll make it home Sunday without knowing the outcome.

• mbadomer - Nov 24, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Good luck with that Schuey73!

Thanks NDGeek!!!

4. tedlinko - Nov 24, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Well as long as you can find someplace with an ESPN feed you should be fine. If you are in an area where OK/OK State is on ABC, ND/USC will be on ESPN (or vice versa).

5. fitzp - Nov 25, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Could anyone help me out?? Is there anyway to see the game live on TV in Europe?? Ireland to be more specific. Eurosport2 has been showing the home games which has been great but it looks like ESPN (Europe) is not showing this game – also showing the OK/OK State game. Does anyone have any solutions?? The Live streaming doesn’t seem to work in Europe only in the US.
    Would love to see the game as I have a feeling the Irish are going to break this bad run against USC. Go Irish!!

6. fightinmad35 - Nov 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I’m in Maryland and I don’t see game listed on ABC or ESPN2 as it usually is. OK and OK State on ABC and Clemson vs South Carolina on ESPN2… doggoneit… I don’t think the game will get covered everywhere…guess I’m gonna have to pay per view it.

7. v9versace - Dec 5, 2010 at 7:02 AM

Check out the new Versace V9 luxury mobile phone, featuring metallic housing with Swarowski crystal stone, shake control, turn-to-mute, blacklist functions and 2000 mAh battery. Available in gold or silver for only EUR 135 on http://www.versace-v9.eu