Nov 27, 2010, 7:17 PM EDT
LOS ANGELES — It’s a cool, breezy evening in Los Angeles (cool being relative to the city, not the rest of the country, obviously) as the Irish prepare to take on their arch-rival USC Trojans in the regular season finale for Notre Dame.
It’s a weird crowd outside the Coliseum, with Trojan tailgaters only mildly excited for a game that has little meaning for the hometown Trojans. If Los Angeles traffic is any indicator, the fanbase is largely apathetic, with the ride to the stadium a smoother commute than any game I can remember in recent memory at USC.
We’ll be back in an hour with another live-blog, but until then, buckle up and try and make heads or tails out of another crazy weekend in the college football world.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 66
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 109
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93