Live Blog — Notre Dame vs. USC

Nov 27, 2010, 7:38 PM EDT

P1030339

LOS ANGELES — With the breeze blowing crisply from the west, the Irish prepare to do something they haven’t done since 2001: Beat USC.

It was October 20, 2001 when Bob Davie led the Irish to a 27-16 victory over the Trojans, the first season of the Pete Carroll era. Carroll coached eight more seasons at Southern Cal, never losing again to the Irish, his closest escape in 2005 when a Charlie Weis-led Irish squad took the No. 1 ranked Trojans to the limit in South Bend.

Both Carroll and Weis are gone, back in the NFL after two drastically different collegiate coaching stints. Join us here for our final live-blog of the regular season, where we’ll find out whether Brian Kelly or Lane Kiffin starts their tenure with a victory in the battle for the Jeweled Shillelagh.

1. 1notredamefan - Nov 27, 2010 at 7:53 PM

GO IRISH!!! This has got to be our year to get the ‘Monkey’ off of our back!

2. papadec - Nov 27, 2010 at 7:59 PM

The corned beef has been in the pot since 1:30pm, the veggies are ready to be added, the brewskis are cold – it must be GAMETIME!!!! GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!

3. bebeblues - Nov 27, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Does anyone know where (or if) I can watch or listen to the game online. ABC in Utah is not showing the game. :o(

4. 9irish - Nov 27, 2010 at 11:33 PM

well…it’s about friggin’ time! tough battle, good win

5. 1notredamefan - Nov 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! That was a great game!!!! I’m happy I recorded this one……knew we could do it this Year!!!

6. papadec - Nov 28, 2010 at 12:46 AM

The second half was too aggravating for me to fully enjoy. I can’t think of any other team that has given up four turnovers & still managed to win. My hat is off to the Irish team for not caving – and for persevering. Hughes was an animal. I feel we saw today the fruition of a lot of hard work in practice and on the field. My Heart felt congratulations and admiration go out to EVERY player on the team – whether they got on the field or not.

7. v9versace - Dec 5, 2010 at 6:59 AM

Check out the new Versace V9 luxury mobile phone, featuring metallic housing with Swarowski crystal stone, shake control, turn-to-mute, blacklist functions and 2000 mAh battery. Available in gold or silver for only EUR 135 on http://www.versace-v9.eu

8. leroyjenkins31 - Dec 5, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I know this is about a week late, but does anyone know where I can watch a replay of the ND-USC game online or otherwise?