Merry Christmas

Dec 25, 2010, 9:00 AM EDT

Santa

It’ll be a light day unless something big breaks in the news, but I just wanted to take the time to say Merry Christmas to all the Inside the Irish fans.It’s been a great season on the blog, we’ve had record numbers for each of the last four months, and had readers for our game day live-blogs in six of the seven continents. (If anybody knows an Irish fan in Antarctica, please send them our way on New Year’s Eve…)

Thanks for all the great emails, comments, and tweets. In my best effort to play Santa, here’s a quick highlight video of ND commit Everett Golson. I’ve already been open about my excitement for Golson’s arrival in South Bend, and after watching this, it’s not hard to figure out why.

Merry Christmas everybody.

1. brendanunderscoreg - Dec 25, 2010 at 9:27 AM

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Keith. It’s been quite the interesting year.

Does this kid (Golson) remind anyone else of Doug Flutie? That’s all I keep seeing while watching that highlight film.

• papadec - Dec 25, 2010 at 11:44 AM

He certainly has the end zone corners nailed down. I already have visions of BCS Championships dancing in my head. Merry Christmas to all (including the detractors) from the Seattle area – where most of what we get is UWash Huskie coverage. Thanks for all the great stuff Keith.

2. grantlandrice - Dec 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Keith,
    It has been a real pleasure reading your blog these past few months. Your posts are always interesting, topical, insightful, and fair. I have gotten so disgusted over the years with the hacks at the South Bend Tribune (mostly Eric Hansen) and the Chcago Tribune is a joke. I do like Lou Somogyi at B&GI – he has an incredible wealth of historical knowledge and information – and while probably not the best X’s and O’s guy – he is always fair and interesting as well. Thanks for bringing back a sense of excitement and anticiption to a favorite pasttime of mine – following the media reporting on the Team and University that I love. Keep up the good work and Go Irish beat Hurricanes! I will be in El Paso on New Years Eve for the Sun Bowl and I am counting the days days until the Blue Gold game! Merry Christmas to you and have a very Happy New Year!

3. bostonjan - Dec 25, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Merry Christmas Keith. Thanks for an enjoyable year of coverage — both articles and live gameday blog. It’s like following ND football with “family”. Here’s hoping Santa will bring us all recruiting gifts for being “nice” all year long.

Jan

4. vegasmark - Dec 25, 2010 at 2:32 PM

My goodness, that kid is good….
    Merry Christmas
    Mark

5. Tim's Neighbor - Dec 25, 2010 at 5:30 PM

Thanks for everything here, Keith. You do a wonderful job.

6. tradertrik - Dec 25, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Merry Christmas, Keith, and Happy New Year! My first experience with the live blog was the USC game and I thoroughly enjoyed the play by play as well as the fan interaction. You do a great job and your reporting is thorough, insightful and unbiased. Look forward to your thoughts after the bowl and to your comments throughout the recruiting season.

Merry Christmas, all!!!!!!