Jan 11, 2011, 4:36 PM EDT
After meeting with head coach Brian Kelly, Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd will sleep on his options before informing his head coach whether or not he’ll come back to school for his senior season.
Notre Dame’s record-setting junior returned to South Bend this morning and met with Brian Kelly this afternoon to discuss his options. Floyd has been projected anywhere from a first round to third round pick in the upcoming NFL Draft if he decides to come out, a spread that has been just one of the many factors that makes this decision so difficult.
A source close to the situation tells me that the meeting between Floyd and Kelly was productive and that Floyd is on the fence with the decision. Underclassmen have until January 15th to declare themselves eligible for the NFL Draft.
Floyd had 1,025 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns during his junior season, and his 28 career touchdown catches is a Notre Dame record.
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 37
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 103
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172
- ESPN Report: Golson plans to transfer 18