Feb 2, 2011, 8:21 AM EDT
It’s safe to say that the weather isn’t making things any easier for the Notre Dame coaching staff this morning, adding one final road block to the recruiting process. As faxes began streaming into the football offices at The Gug, a missing compliance officer unable to get through the massive snow storm that descended on South Bend added an additional layer to the verification process.
But Brian Hardin, ND’s football media czar, braved the weather and is on his way back to campus, bringing back the necessary rubber stamp that’ll officially finalize the first wave of letters-of-intent, joining early enrollees Kyle Brindza, Brad Carrico, Everett Golson, Aaron Lynch and Ishaq Williams.
Faxes that are officially in:
Ben Councell, OLB, Asheville, North Carolina
Matthias Farley, DB, Charlotte, North Carolina
Conor Hanratty, OL, New Canaan, Connecticut
Eilar Hardy, DB, Pickerington, Ohio
Chase Hounshell, DE, Kirtland, Ohio
Ben Koyack, TE, Oil City, Pennsylvania
Tony Springmann, DE, Fort Wayne, Indiana
We’ll have recaps on all the commitments, but 12 of the 22 to 24 recruits are now inked as official.
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56