Feb 2, 2011, 8:21 AM EDT
It’s safe to say that the weather isn’t making things any easier for the Notre Dame coaching staff this morning, adding one final road block to the recruiting process. As faxes began streaming into the football offices at The Gug, a missing compliance officer unable to get through the massive snow storm that descended on South Bend added an additional layer to the verification process.
But Brian Hardin, ND’s football media czar, braved the weather and is on his way back to campus, bringing back the necessary rubber stamp that’ll officially finalize the first wave of letters-of-intent, joining early enrollees Kyle Brindza, Brad Carrico, Everett Golson, Aaron Lynch and Ishaq Williams.
Faxes that are officially in:
Ben Councell, OLB, Asheville, North Carolina
Matthias Farley, DB, Charlotte, North Carolina
Conor Hanratty, OL, New Canaan, Connecticut
Eilar Hardy, DB, Pickerington, Ohio
Chase Hounshell, DE, Kirtland, Ohio
Ben Koyack, TE, Oil City, Pennsylvania
Tony Springmann, DE, Fort Wayne, Indiana
We’ll have recaps on all the commitments, but 12 of the 22 to 24 recruits are now inked as official.
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy