Mar 16, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
There’s a little less than 24 hours until Notre Dame football takes over Versus on St. Patrick’s Day. Right now, around 2,000 of you have placed your votes for the 10 most memorable moments of Notre Dame football on NBC. I hardly bet I’m giving anything away by telling you there’s a runaway favorite, but I’m actually surprised by how little love a certain iconic game is getting. (Hint: They shot scenes for a certain football movie during this matchup.)
Anyway — consider this your last call to stuff the ballot box and a final reminder to tune into Versus tomorrow night for six hours of Notre Dame football.
(While you might not enjoy watching the ’05 game, we can all commiserate during the last five minutes and wonder openly if that hypothetical moneyline parlay you hypothetically placed on the Irish and the under and didn’t get to hypothetically cash in thanks to Reggie Bush is now worth something since that football game didn’t technically happen anymore. Anyway, moving on…)
Hosted by Liam McHugh, with an exclusive interview with head coach Brian Kelly, here are the three games that’ll be airing.
1992 “Snow Bowl” vs. Penn State
2005 “Bush Push” vs. USC
1993 No. 1 Florida State vs. No. 2 Notre Dame
(They can’t all be happy memories…)
So take your chance now and vote for the ten of the most memorable moments of Notre Dame on NBC. Here they are in chronological order, posed to you for an all-important vote.
2005 vs. USC — The Bush Push
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame (132)
- Kelly addresses academic investigation (131)
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season (130)
- Phillip Daniels feels confident son DaVaris will be cleared (95)
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves (82)