Apr 16, 2011, 1:11 AM EDT
The rosters for the annual Blue-Gold game have been set, with the Blue and Gold teams squaring off with semi-balanced rosters.
Quarterbacking the Blue will be Dayne Crist and Everett Golson. Running the show for the Gold offense will be Tommy Rees and Andrew Hendrix. Skill players for the Blue will be Theo Riddick, TJ Jones, Cierre Wood, Tyler Eifert and John Goodman. Skill players for the Gold will be Deion Walker, Robby Toma, Jonas Gray, Mike Ragone and Jake Golic.
While the offensive line will be split in half and playing for both teams, the defense on both side has some impact players.
Key defenders on the Blue roster:
Manti Te’o (likely only in spirit)
For the Gold Team:
Louis Nix III
I can assure you that any talk Brian Kelly may have had about seventy degree and sunny skies was wishful thinking. Spring may bring plenty of beautiful sunny days to South Bend, but Friday wasn’t one of them and Saturday doesn’t appear to be either. (There’s a better than 50 percent chance that the rain will just keep going through Saturday afternoon.)
Either way, South Bend is filling up for a much-needed football Saturday and if you aren’t able to catch the game in person you’ve got no excuse not to catch the broadcast on Versus, live at 2 p.m. ET.
- Five things we learned: Florida State 31, Notre Dame 27 119
- Pregame Six Pack: Showdown with the Seminoles 90
- And in that corner… The Florida State Seminoles 31
- DaVaris Daniels done at Notre Dame 71
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. North Carolina 71
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 50, North Carolina 43 115