May 11, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
News broke yesterday that Notre Dame’s final game of the season, a highly-anticipated date with Stanford in Palo Alto after Thanksgiving, will be played in primetime, televised on either ABC, ESPN or ESPN2.
That pushes the Irish slate to four primetime games, with the kickoff against Pittsburgh still to be determined and likely another evening affair. The Irish will play Michigan in Ann Arbor’s first night game, USC in Notre Dame’s first evening engagement in over two decades, Maryland in primetime at FedEx Field in the nation’s capital, and now the Saturday night after Thanksgiving in Palo Alto. Kickoffs against Purdue and Wake Forest are still to be announced, and there’s a decent chance one of those games could be played in the evening as well.
Here’s Notre Dame’s 2011 schedule:
(Home games in CAPS, all times Eastern)
Sept. 3: SOUTH FLORIDA (NBC) 3:30 p.m.
Sept. 10: at Michigan (ABC) 8:00 p.m.
Sept. 17: MICHIGAN STATE (NBC) 3:30 p.m.
Sept. 24: at Pittsburgh, TBA
Oct. 1: at Purdue, TBA
Oct. 8: AIR FORCE (NBC), 3:30 p.m.
Oct 22: USC (NBC) 7:30 p.m.
Oct 29: NAVY (NBC) 3:30 p.m.
Nov. 5: at Wake Forest, TBA
Nov. 12: vs. Maryland (NBC) 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 19: BOSTON COLLEGE (NBC) 4:00 p.m.
Nov. 26: at Stanford (ABC/ESPN) 8:00 p.m.
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56