May 11, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
News broke yesterday that Notre Dame’s final game of the season, a highly-anticipated date with Stanford in Palo Alto after Thanksgiving, will be played in primetime, televised on either ABC, ESPN or ESPN2.
That pushes the Irish slate to four primetime games, with the kickoff against Pittsburgh still to be determined and likely another evening affair. The Irish will play Michigan in Ann Arbor’s first night game, USC in Notre Dame’s first evening engagement in over two decades, Maryland in primetime at FedEx Field in the nation’s capital, and now the Saturday night after Thanksgiving in Palo Alto. Kickoffs against Purdue and Wake Forest are still to be announced, and there’s a decent chance one of those games could be played in the evening as well.
Here’s Notre Dame’s 2011 schedule:
(Home games in CAPS, all times Eastern)
Sept. 3: SOUTH FLORIDA (NBC) 3:30 p.m.
Sept. 10: at Michigan (ABC) 8:00 p.m.
Sept. 17: MICHIGAN STATE (NBC) 3:30 p.m.
Sept. 24: at Pittsburgh, TBA
Oct. 1: at Purdue, TBA
Oct. 8: AIR FORCE (NBC), 3:30 p.m.
Oct 22: USC (NBC) 7:30 p.m.
Oct 29: NAVY (NBC) 3:30 p.m.
Nov. 5: at Wake Forest, TBA
Nov. 12: vs. Maryland (NBC) 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 19: BOSTON COLLEGE (NBC) 4:00 p.m.
Nov. 26: at Stanford (ABC/ESPN) 8:00 p.m.
- Bob Diaco accepts the UConn head coaching job 3
- Stay or go? Stephon Tuitt has a big decision to make 17
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43