May 11, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
News broke yesterday that Notre Dame’s final game of the season, a highly-anticipated date with Stanford in Palo Alto after Thanksgiving, will be played in primetime, televised on either ABC, ESPN or ESPN2.
That pushes the Irish slate to four primetime games, with the kickoff against Pittsburgh still to be determined and likely another evening affair. The Irish will play Michigan in Ann Arbor’s first night game, USC in Notre Dame’s first evening engagement in over two decades, Maryland in primetime at FedEx Field in the nation’s capital, and now the Saturday night after Thanksgiving in Palo Alto. Kickoffs against Purdue and Wake Forest are still to be announced, and there’s a decent chance one of those games could be played in the evening as well.
Here’s Notre Dame’s 2011 schedule:
(Home games in CAPS, all times Eastern)
Sept. 3: SOUTH FLORIDA (NBC) 3:30 p.m.
Sept. 10: at Michigan (ABC) 8:00 p.m.
Sept. 17: MICHIGAN STATE (NBC) 3:30 p.m.
Sept. 24: at Pittsburgh, TBA
Oct. 1: at Purdue, TBA
Oct. 8: AIR FORCE (NBC), 3:30 p.m.
Oct 22: USC (NBC) 7:30 p.m.
Oct 29: NAVY (NBC) 3:30 p.m.
Nov. 5: at Wake Forest, TBA
Nov. 12: vs. Maryland (NBC) 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 19: BOSTON COLLEGE (NBC) 4:00 p.m.
Nov. 26: at Stanford (ABC/ESPN) 8:00 p.m.
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 178
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40
- After unexplainable loss, can Irish rally again? 94
- And in that corner… The Louisville Cardinal 52
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Northwestern 100
- Five things we learned: Northwestern 43, Notre Dame 40 233