May 13, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Before everybody gets too down in the dumps about Noor Davis, here’s a quick reminder that Irish recruit Ronald Darby is fast. Not just “SEC Fast,” but national champion fast.
Darby competed in the New Balance Indoor Nationals this week, winning the National Championship easily in the 200 meter dash, blazing to a time of 21.24 seconds in a race that wasn’t really even close.
If you’ve got a spare — say, 22 seconds — you can watch Darby burn around the outside lane and win his finals heat.
Here’s a link to a Darby interview after the race, but if you’re looking at a position where the Irish absolutely needed a big-time player, it’s in the secondary, where Tee Shepard joins Darby as two very important — and highly touted — recruits.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39