May 13, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Before everybody gets too down in the dumps about Noor Davis, here’s a quick reminder that Irish recruit Ronald Darby is fast. Not just “SEC Fast,” but national champion fast.
Darby competed in the New Balance Indoor Nationals this week, winning the National Championship easily in the 200 meter dash, blazing to a time of 21.24 seconds in a race that wasn’t really even close.
If you’ve got a spare — say, 22 seconds — you can watch Darby burn around the outside lane and win his finals heat.
Here’s a link to a Darby interview after the race, but if you’re looking at a position where the Irish absolutely needed a big-time player, it’s in the secondary, where Tee Shepard joins Darby as two very important — and highly touted — recruits.
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Syracuse 86
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 31, Syracuse 15 163
- Pregame Six Pack: Syracuse in the way of perfect September 41
- And in that corner… The Syracuse Orange 34
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 130
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61