May 13, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Before everybody gets too down in the dumps about Noor Davis, here’s a quick reminder that Irish recruit Ronald Darby is fast. Not just “SEC Fast,” but national champion fast.
Darby competed in the New Balance Indoor Nationals this week, winning the National Championship easily in the 200 meter dash, blazing to a time of 21.24 seconds in a race that wasn’t really even close.
If you’ve got a spare — say, 22 seconds — you can watch Darby burn around the outside lane and win his finals heat.
Here’s a link to a Darby interview after the race, but if you’re looking at a position where the Irish absolutely needed a big-time player, it’s in the secondary, where Tee Shepard joins Darby as two very important — and highly touted — recruits.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64