May 13, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Before everybody gets too down in the dumps about Noor Davis, here’s a quick reminder that Irish recruit Ronald Darby is fast. Not just “SEC Fast,” but national champion fast.
Darby competed in the New Balance Indoor Nationals this week, winning the National Championship easily in the 200 meter dash, blazing to a time of 21.24 seconds in a race that wasn’t really even close.
If you’ve got a spare — say, 22 seconds — you can watch Darby burn around the outside lane and win his finals heat.
Here’s a link to a Darby interview after the race, but if you’re looking at a position where the Irish absolutely needed a big-time player, it’s in the secondary, where Tee Shepard joins Darby as two very important — and highly touted — recruits.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12