That’s what he said: Skip Holtz

Aug 30, 2011, 10:00 PM EDT

The head coach of the South Florida Bulls addressed the media today to discuss Notre Dame.

Here’s what he said:

1. smurphdoggy29 - Aug 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM

I’m not sure our fascination with watching those clips.
    They never say anything that will give themselves away.
    They are always overtly complimentary.
    They speak effusively about the other Team and it’s personnel.
    They talk in high praise of the opportunity.
    They gush like happy toddlers over their team, sprinkled with “Coach Speak” concern

C’mon somebody break out !! Talk it then walk it !!

• trbowman - Aug 31, 2011 at 12:49 AM

If I had a penny for everytime I heard this from a player….

“I’m just out here trying to get better everyday.”

I’d be the richest man on Earth.

2. rambler09 - Aug 30, 2011 at 10:43 PM

You know that Skip Holtz watches Notre Dame games- meaning that he probably knew all of this before he even started watching tape.

The other thing to note is that he sounds like his father (or so I’m told). My dad always jokes that Lou always spent his pre-game press conferences talking about how outstanding all of the other team’s players were. It didn’t matter who Notre Dame was playing. Now, I don’t think Skip was exaggerating, but I found it to be funny nonetheless.

• whisk3yjack - Aug 30, 2011 at 11:29 PM

If he watched ND games, he would probably know: (1) that Theo Riddick isn’t an outside receiver; (2) that Cierre Wood didn’t rush for 1k+ yards last season; (3) that our All-American MLB isn’t named “Mantee Tee-oh”.

• krups06 - Aug 31, 2011 at 9:45 AM

I’m pretty sure he says 1,000 yards all purpose which is technically correct, but I agree he’s being a little too cordial to be completely sincere. That being said he is going to have his hands full with the most talented roster we’ve had in a long time.

3. kevvy1231 - Aug 30, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Typical Lou Holtz Quote: “I don’t even know how we’ll stay on the field against Army. They run the ball as well as anyone in the country.”

4. dnihilist - Aug 31, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Off topic…any word on NBC (or anyone else) live streaming ND games this year?

5. kaf39 - Aug 31, 2011 at 2:47 PM

NBC is live streaming home games