Live blog: Notre Dame vs. Pitt

Sep 24, 2011, 11:17 AM EST

aaron lynch Sack

With an early kickoff today, enjoy a late breakfast and a live blog with us as Notre Dame battles for a chance to get back to even on the season, with hopes of beginning their first winning streak of the year.

Some relatively big news broke yesterday when Pitt announced senior guard Chris Jacobson, the Panthers best offensive lineman, is out for the season. It’s a bad situation turned worse for Pitt, with the entire left side of the offensive line playing for the first time this season. A week after the Irish pass rush had its best week of the season, an already porous Pitt unit might struggle even more to keep its offense on track.

It looks like any bad weather in the area will stay away this afternoon. So stick around, keep it positive, and let’s enjoy this Saturday together.

1. nudeman - Sep 24, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Rees tries to get a couple INTs on the board early but fails

• joeschu - Sep 24, 2011 at 12:41 PM

He’d rather fumble it away. At what point do we finally admit that we know what we have with this guy: a turnover machine.

• oldestguard - Sep 24, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I think Kelly is also admitting he doesn’t feel he has anything better right now.

2. txbeej - Sep 24, 2011 at 1:43 PM

I thought with Sunseri opposite the Notre Dame defense, it might be the day that the Irish would come out ahead in the turnover column. I’m not normally accused of being overly-optimistic, but I guess that was a bit hopeful after all.

3. papadec - Sep 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM

REES STINKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. dbldmr - Sep 24, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Notre Dame’s defense looks stout, but is it necessary every week for the offense to present the defense’s biggest challenge by turning the ball over? Yikes…15 turnovers in four weeks. I don’t remember anything like this, but I only go back to ’64.

5. txbeej - Sep 24, 2011 at 3:32 PM

All hail the defense.

• oldestguard - Sep 24, 2011 at 3:48 PM

No doubt ! Couple of huge sacks there at the end.

Tommy is a fricking enigma, fortunately he found it on that last drive.

Eifert gets a game ball.

This is why Kell gets the big bucks.

• papadec - Sep 24, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Defense wins championships! As I said earlier this year – the IRISH defense will lead the way. I’ll add a modification – IF the offense doesn’t give it away.

6. canadianirish - Sep 24, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Rees needs to go…..we need crist or hendrix….