Oct 1, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
While it’s hardly the top billing of the evening, the Fighting Irish have a chance to make a primetime statement, three weeks after failing to do so with all eyes watching.
Notre Dame heads down to West Lafayette, taking on an undermanned Purdue squad that doesn’t have much of a shot on paper against a more talented Irish team.
That said, if Notre Dame played their games on paper, they’d likely be undefeated. We’ve spent four weeks talking about the turnovers and miscues that cost the Irish two games. Now it’s up to Tommy Rees and the offense to eliminate them and the defense to add forcing turnovers to their repertoire.
As always, we’ll be here for the live blog. Pull up a seat, turn on the TV and join us for a few hours of
frustration, group therapy, torture, fun.
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 6
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 38
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 90
- Irish A-to-Z: Jaylon Smith 15
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58