Oct 1, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
While it’s hardly the top billing of the evening, the Fighting Irish have a chance to make a primetime statement, three weeks after failing to do so with all eyes watching.
Notre Dame heads down to West Lafayette, taking on an undermanned Purdue squad that doesn’t have much of a shot on paper against a more talented Irish team.
That said, if Notre Dame played their games on paper, they’d likely be undefeated. We’ve spent four weeks talking about the turnovers and miscues that cost the Irish two games. Now it’s up to Tommy Rees and the offense to eliminate them and the defense to add forcing turnovers to their repertoire.
As always, we’ll be here for the live blog. Pull up a seat, turn on the TV and join us for a few hours of
frustration, group therapy, torture, fun.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64