Oct 1, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
While it’s hardly the top billing of the evening, the Fighting Irish have a chance to make a primetime statement, three weeks after failing to do so with all eyes watching.
Notre Dame heads down to West Lafayette, taking on an undermanned Purdue squad that doesn’t have much of a shot on paper against a more talented Irish team.
That said, if Notre Dame played their games on paper, they’d likely be undefeated. We’ve spent four weeks talking about the turnovers and miscues that cost the Irish two games. Now it’s up to Tommy Rees and the offense to eliminate them and the defense to add forcing turnovers to their repertoire.
As always, we’ll be here for the live blog. Pull up a seat, turn on the TV and join us for a few hours of
frustration, group therapy, torture, fun.
- Notre Dame’s post-spring depth chart: Offense 30
- The good, the bad, the ugly: 85th Blue-Gold game 73
- Five things we learned: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 66
- Pregame Six Pack: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 19
- Blue-Gold game: Ten Irish players to watch 26
- Establishing expectations for Brian VanGorder’s defense 37