Oct 1, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
While it’s hardly the top billing of the evening, the Fighting Irish have a chance to make a primetime statement, three weeks after failing to do so with all eyes watching.
Notre Dame heads down to West Lafayette, taking on an undermanned Purdue squad that doesn’t have much of a shot on paper against a more talented Irish team.
That said, if Notre Dame played their games on paper, they’d likely be undefeated. We’ve spent four weeks talking about the turnovers and miscues that cost the Irish two games. Now it’s up to Tommy Rees and the offense to eliminate them and the defense to add forcing turnovers to their repertoire.
As always, we’ll be here for the live blog. Pull up a seat, turn on the TV and join us for a few hours of
frustration, group therapy, torture, fun.
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 66
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 109
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93