Live blog: Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest

Nov 5, 2011, 7:55 PM EST

Here we go.

Everybody else should keep an eye on the LSU-’Bama game. I’ll be all over the Notre Dame vs. Wake Forest game.

Here’s the live blog:

1. txbeej - Nov 5, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Halftime. Notre Dame down. They allowed more rushing yards to Wake in that half than Duke did in an entire game. In fact Wake has almost reached it’s season per game average.

I’m currently reading volume 2 of Shelby Foote’s Civil War trilogy. It’s looking pretty good for the Union at the moment (Vicksburg and Port Hudson have just fallen), better than it is for the Irish. Since I can’t even feign positivity here, I think I’ll get back to that and leave y’all to see this one home. Good luck Irish.

2. cameronemclaughlin - Nov 5, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Even through this year’s trials, I’ve supported Tommy. But after the first half versus Wake I’m sick to my stomach.

He does not have a strong arm, and does not throw well down the field. Arm strength is not something he will develop over the next two years.

His inability to run is a glaring deficiency–especially in college football where opportunities abound. He will not get any faster, or more agile.

If the reason Hendrix isn’t playing is because he doesn’t have a grasp of the entire offense, I have to wonder how much our offense in truncated because of Tommy’s inability to throw deep, and his inability to run. No, I’m not at practice, so I can’t argue that we should put Hendrix in. I’m just frustrated.

Tearing my hair out because our offense isn’t moving and I can’t see a future where Tommy is doing anything but dinking and dunking. Maybe he becomes a more efficient dinker and dunker, but his ceiling, in my humble opinion, is limited. If Hendrix isn’t ready, I’d like to see Dayne.

I’ll be pleased to see the Irish continue their third 3rd quarter success, and hope Tommy makes me look idiotic while guiding the Irish to several efficient scores and a win.

GO IRISH!

• cameronemclaughlin - Nov 5, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Well, Tommy didn’t do anything to win my heart. Thank goodness Jonas Gray is on our team.

3. blahblahblah333 - Nov 5, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Another flat, uninspiring, blah performance by ND. Letting a far inferior opponent dictate the game is uncalled for. Just do not understand how this happens consistantly with this team. Bad mistakes, just do not get it. Hard to imagine a wake up call in the second half. Hope Im wrong.

4. papadec - Nov 5, 2011 at 11:58 PM

The defense saved the bacon – yet again.

5. 9irish - Nov 6, 2011 at 12:41 AM

They just seemed really flat, offense and defense. Very boring game…they were lucky something really bad didn’t happen that would’ve turned the momentum around in the second half.

Rees did make some really poor deep throws. The defense kept letting them get around the corner in the first half.

But they won…that’s all that will be remembered. It was a very dull game

6. NDfan1224 - Nov 6, 2011 at 1:14 AM

Does anyone else want to see Andrew Hendrix take a few snaps at the QB spot?

7. papadec - Nov 6, 2011 at 1:40 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hendrix getting some snaps the next two weeks.