Nov 19, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
On paper, this game looks as lopsided as any the Irish have played. But with Boston College coming to town and emotions running high on Senior Day, anything can happen this afternoon as the Eagles and the Irish battle.
That the Irish have already lost three games and are most likely out of BCS contention has certainly diminished the stakes throughout the second half of this season. But after starting 0-2, the Irish have come back to win seven of their next eight, and are only one of three teams (Georgia and Ball State being the others) to have a winning record after the slow start.
As usual, you’ll have two ways to follow the game with me. You can ask questions and watch the game live via the NBCSports.com video player, where you’ll have HD quality video and a DVR at your disposal. Or you can stick around here for the live-blog, where we always have a good time.
It’s the final home game of the year for the Fighting Irish. Let’s see if they can take care of business and dispatch of Boston College.
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 26
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 102
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 171
- ESPN Report: Golson plans to transfer 18