Nov 19, 2011, 3:36 PM EDT
On paper, this game looks as lopsided as any the Irish have played. But with Boston College coming to town and emotions running high on Senior Day, anything can happen this afternoon as the Eagles and the Irish battle.
That the Irish have already lost three games and are most likely out of BCS contention has certainly diminished the stakes throughout the second half of this season. But after starting 0-2, the Irish have come back to win seven of their next eight, and are only one of three teams (Georgia and Ball State being the others) to have a winning record after the slow start.
As usual, you’ll have two ways to follow the game with me. You can ask questions and watch the game live via the NBCSports.com video player, where you’ll have HD quality video and a DVR at your disposal. Or you can stick around here for the live-blog, where we always have a good time.
It’s the final home game of the year for the Fighting Irish. Let’s see if they can take care of business and dispatch of Boston College.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 38
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64