Nov 19, 2011, 3:36 PM EST
On paper, this game looks as lopsided as any the Irish have played. But with Boston College coming to town and emotions running high on Senior Day, anything can happen this afternoon as the Eagles and the Irish battle.
That the Irish have already lost three games and are most likely out of BCS contention has certainly diminished the stakes throughout the second half of this season. But after starting 0-2, the Irish have come back to win seven of their next eight, and are only one of three teams (Georgia and Ball State being the others) to have a winning record after the slow start.
As usual, you’ll have two ways to follow the game with me. You can ask questions and watch the game live via the NBCSports.com video player, where you’ll have HD quality video and a DVR at your disposal. Or you can stick around here for the live-blog, where we always have a good time.
It’s the final home game of the year for the Fighting Irish. Let’s see if they can take care of business and dispatch of Boston College.
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 76
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 77
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43
- And in that corner… The Stanford Cardinal 54
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. BYU 45