Nov 26, 2011, 6:59 PM EDT
You can spin yourself dizzy trying to think of the different permutations that could help Notre Dame slide their way into the BCS rankings’ top 14 teams. But all of that doesn’t matter if the Irish don’t show up tonight, tasked with one of their biggest challenges on the year with Stanford and quarterback Andrew Luck.
You can make a persuasive argument for just about any outcome this evening. With America’s best quarterback and a balanced football team that has the ability to exploit Notre Dame’s weaknesses, the Irish could be in for a long night. But the Cardinal also just might be a paper lion with a very good quarterback, and even with Oregon and USC on the slate, the nation’s 102nd-toughest schedule might mean there’s still a chance that Stanford might just be overrated.
Of course, that’s why we’re here. For the final Saturday of autumn, college football rules the day. For the Irish, there’s one last opportunity to play up to their potential, pulling a nine-win season out after an inexplicable 0-2 start.
As usual, I’ll be here answering your questions, taking your bait, and talking football. Keep it clean, keep it positive and let’s see what happens.
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame (132)
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season (130)
- Kelly addresses academic investigation (128)
- Phillip Daniels feels confident son DaVaris will be cleared (93)
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves (82)