Nov 26, 2011, 6:59 PM EST
You can spin yourself dizzy trying to think of the different permutations that could help Notre Dame slide their way into the BCS rankings’ top 14 teams. But all of that doesn’t matter if the Irish don’t show up tonight, tasked with one of their biggest challenges on the year with Stanford and quarterback Andrew Luck.
You can make a persuasive argument for just about any outcome this evening. With America’s best quarterback and a balanced football team that has the ability to exploit Notre Dame’s weaknesses, the Irish could be in for a long night. But the Cardinal also just might be a paper lion with a very good quarterback, and even with Oregon and USC on the slate, the nation’s 102nd-toughest schedule might mean there’s still a chance that Stanford might just be overrated.
Of course, that’s why we’re here. For the final Saturday of autumn, college football rules the day. For the Irish, there’s one last opportunity to play up to their potential, pulling a nine-win season out after an inexplicable 0-2 start.
As usual, I’ll be here answering your questions, taking your bait, and talking football. Keep it clean, keep it positive and let’s see what happens.
- Pregame Six Pack: The present and future of a key rivalry 0
- And in that corner… The USC Trojans 42
- Secondary depth chart reaches red-line status 14
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Louisville 96
- Five things we learned: Louisville 31, Notre Dame 28 246
- Pregame Six Pack: Battling Louisville in Senior sendoff 40