Plans for Signing Day: Non-stop coverage

Jan 31, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT

Deontay Greenberry3

After following the recruitment of a few hundred prospective student-athletes, we’re finally able to see who’ll be wearing a Notre Dame uniform next fall. It’s been a long and winding road, but as of tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. ET, the Irish will start officially accepting letters-of-intent, and making official a recruiting class that’s been over a year in the making.

And we’ll be there for you every step of the way.

We’ve spent the last week getting you up to speed on who to expect. But until the faxes are in, you never know what’s going to happen. Last year, the Irish landed the signature of Troy Niklas as a Signing Day surprise. At the time, Notre Dame fans were excited that the offensive line was getting another athletic prospect. Little did we know Niklas would make an immediate impact at outside linebacker.

We’re incredibly excited about our plans for tomorrow. We’ll be hosting a live-blog all morning long, starting at 7 a.m. ET (meaning I’ll be up and blogging in the dead of night from my living room in Manhattan Beach). Thanks to a collaboration with our friends at UND.com (who will be broadcasting live all morning from the football offices), you’ll be getting the first scoop on every fax that comes into the football offices at the Gug, and we’ll be breaking down what every player means to the Irish moving forward for most of the morning leading up to Brian Kelly’s press conference.

We’re hoping to get some surprise guests to join the chat and have a few other tricks up our sleeve as well. It should be an exciting day for Irish fans. Join us for Christmas a morning of fun.

1. ndrocks2 - Jan 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM

any last minute recruits that may be coming into this class?

2. stpatsbaby - Jan 31, 2012 at 7:11 PM

GO IRISH!!!!!!!

3. ct111 - Jan 31, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I have a bad feeling about this

• oldestguard - Jan 31, 2012 at 7:19 PM

What…fax overheats at the Gug ?

4. dmac4real - Jan 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Why do you live in CA if your from minnesota and cover ND…..

5. trbowman - Jan 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Good, this blog is about the only place I can follow from work.

6. brendanunderscoreg - Jan 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM

This might get confusing trying to participate in a live blog while not drinking. So many mixed messages.

Hope this turns out well (NSD and the coverage). Could be fun to make a tradition out of this.

7. nudemon - Jan 31, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Yawn

Hey all you 18 year olds who don’t sign ND geaux F off!!

I’ll be sitting with lotion in hand waiting for these faxes!!!

And almost forgot my obligatory TR bash, you throw like my live-in 80 year old mother

• nudeman - Jan 31, 2012 at 9:05 PM

My own personal troll. I guess I should be honored

Now we’ve got 77/goat/UAW/ and now nudemOn

Seriously … If you’re going to those lengths to rage me, you need a life

8. tony34343434 - Jan 31, 2012 at 8:16 PM

hoping we hold on to all of our commits, do not think we will be getting any surprises but hoping for the best, one more CB and WR would be perfect! lets go irish!!!!!

9. tony34343434 - Jan 31, 2012 at 8:59 PM

i love talking about the recruits, but once they get here lets coach them properly, we out recruit many teams like Boise and TCU but have not had their track record, lets build with what we have and if we get a surprise tomorrow, even better

• idratherbeinsouthbend - Jan 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM

We haven’t had their track record, but they haven’t had our schedule.

• brendanunderscoreg - Feb 1, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Having coaches that can actually develop talent makes this time of year less stressful (barely).

10. papadec - Feb 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I am not getting up at 4:00am (West Coast time). Nothing that I can do to change any of the commits – I’ll catch up on what has happened around 9:00am, before I head to work. GO IRISH!!!!!!

11. jerseyshorendfan1 - Feb 1, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I don’t want to jinx it but I have a gut feeling that a certain recruit whose name rhymes with Shmelson Shmagholor will commit to ND. Hey it could happen. Look how close Manti was to being a Trojan just a few years ago. If it happens, you heard it here first.