Mar 16, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
The first night game in Michigan Stadium history ended up giving Notre Dame nightmares. This year, the Irish are hoping to return the favor, setting the kickoff against the Wolverines for a primetime start. Notre Dame will host its second night game in as many years next season, setting a 7:30 p.m. start time for the Michigan game, one of two evening starts on the NBC broadcast slate.
Also made official is the televised broadcast of the annual Blue-Gold Spring Game, set for April 21st at 1:30 p.m. on the NBC Sports Network. The culmination of 15 spring practices will be a welcome look into the Irish football program, and will give a nice progress report on the many intriguing storylines that the Irish take into spring ball.
Other than the evening kick against Michigan, the Irish home games at Notre Dame Stadium will all be set for 3:30 p.m. and will all be broadcast on NBC. The Irish’s second night game will take place at Soldier Field, with the Miami Hurricanes coming to Chicago to take on the Irish in their annual neutral site game.
Here’s the complete NBC Sports Group’s 2012 Notre Dame football schedule (all times ET):
Date Opponent Time Television
Apr. 21 Blue-Gold Spring Game 1:30 p.m. NBC Sports Network
Sept. 8 PURDUE 3:30 p.m. NBC
Sept. 22 MICHIGAN 7:30 p.m. NBC
Oct. 6 MIAMI (Soldier Field) 7:30 p.m. NBC
Oct. 13 STANFORD 3:30 p.m. NBC
Oct. 20 BYU 3:30 p.m. NBC
Nov. 3 PITTSBURGH 3:30 p.m. NBC
Nov. 17 WAKE FOREST 3:30 p.m. NBC
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 37
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 103
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172
- ESPN Report: Golson plans to transfer 18