Apr 17, 2012, 12:27 AM EDT
With the run-up to Dublin and the 2012 season on the (not too close) horizon, the kickoff time for the season opener against Navy has been set. And for those back in the US ready to watch the Irish start a new season, they better set an alarm clock.
Per a release from CBS Sports, who will begin their 2012 college football coverage from Ireland, the Irish and the Midshipmen will kick off at 2 p.m. in Dublin’s Aviva Stadium. That works out to a 9 a.m. start for those on the East Coast, and a ridiculous 6 a.m. start for those of us on the West Coast.
CBS will send its lead college football team of Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson, and Tracy Wolfson to call the action.
- Kelly rolls the dice again with position switches 61
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121