Apr 17, 2012, 12:27 AM EDT
With the run-up to Dublin and the 2012 season on the (not too close) horizon, the kickoff time for the season opener against Navy has been set. And for those back in the US ready to watch the Irish start a new season, they better set an alarm clock.
Per a release from CBS Sports, who will begin their 2012 college football coverage from Ireland, the Irish and the Midshipmen will kick off at 2 p.m. in Dublin’s Aviva Stadium. That works out to a 9 a.m. start for those on the East Coast, and a ridiculous 6 a.m. start for those of us on the West Coast.
CBS will send its lead college football team of Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson, and Tracy Wolfson to call the action.
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 38
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64