Apr 17, 2012, 12:27 AM EST
With the run-up to Dublin and the 2012 season on the (not too close) horizon, the kickoff time for the season opener against Navy has been set. And for those back in the US ready to watch the Irish start a new season, they better set an alarm clock.
Per a release from CBS Sports, who will begin their 2012 college football coverage from Ireland, the Irish and the Midshipmen will kick off at 2 p.m. in Dublin’s Aviva Stadium. That works out to a 9 a.m. start for those on the East Coast, and a ridiculous 6 a.m. start for those of us on the West Coast.
CBS will send its lead college football team of Verne Lundquist, Gary Danielson, and Tracy Wolfson to call the action.
- Bob Diaco accepts the UConn head coaching job 82
- Stay or go? Stephon Tuitt has a big decision to make 39
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43