May 16, 2012, 5:29 PM EDT
Darius Fleming inked a four-year contract worth $2.2 million with the San Francisco 49ers, after being chosen in the 5th round of the NFL Draft. The next day, at his first official workout with the team, Fleming tore his ACL, a knee injury that’ll likely keep him on the sidelines for the season.
Fleming’s agent, Andy Simms, confirmed the injury with the Sacramento Bee and other media outlets. The injury was originally thought to be to his hamstring, and minor enough that Fleming would return to practice.
“He tried to shake it off and practice, but there was a stability issue,” Simms told the Bee. “There’s some hope that if he works hard, it could be November. That’s obviously optimistic, so we’ll see. But they’re keeping all possibilities open right now.”
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 52
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 105
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172