Jun 6, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
Former Irish quarterback Steve Beuerlein addressed the Notre Dame Fantasy Camp during the opening night dinner and had an entertaining speech as he looked back fondly on his days at Notre Dame, talked about what he sees in the program, and told some great Lou Holtz stories.
I’ve taken part in the camp and it’s a wonderful few days for Irish fans looking to meet the coaches, players, and former greats that all assemble under the Golden Dome to give people an inside look at what goes into running the football program.
Beuerlein, who spent a long time in professional football after a four-year career that saw him set the interceptions record for Irish quarterbacks, but also beat USC four times, mixed a nice trip down memory lane with some insight on why he’s proud to be a Notre Dame graduate.
If you’ve got a spare 17 minutes, this is worth your time. (If only for the Lou Holtz impressions.)
- The good, bad and ugly: Notre Dame vs. Rice 47
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 48, Rice 17 108
- Pregame Six Pack: At long last, the season begins 26
- And in that corner… The Rice Owls 8
- Kelly names Collinsworth, Day, Martin and McDaniel captains 40
- Setting the bar: Expectations for the 2014 Irish 93