Jun 21, 2012, 8:34 PM EST
You’ve got to love the internet… and defensive tackle Louis Nix.
The rising junior, a key cog to the Irish defensive line, has taken to his YouTube channel to continue building his social media presence. Along with a popular Twitter handle — @IrishChocolate9 –Nix has now started “Chocolate News,” his YouTube updates of life in South Bend, as Nix and his teammates begin summer school and voluntary workouts.
Along with partner-in-crime, linebacker Kendall Moore, Nix’s pilot episode included a trip to Sam’s Club, where Nix, Moore, and freshman Sheldon Day, do their best to stock up on healthy food as they begin their training for the 2012 season.
But Nix outdid himself with episode two, scooping the local and national media getting the first public comments from head coach Brian Kelly after his back surgery. While Nix didn’t press him for updates on the Carlo Calabrese or Tommy Rees legal situations, Kelly looked in good spirits and fine health after back surgery, and even cracks a few nice jokes at the end.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39