Louis Nix gets first Brian Kelly post-surgery comments

Jun 21, 2012, 8:34 PM EST

Louis Nix9

You’ve got to love the internet… and defensive tackle Louis Nix.

The rising junior, a key cog to the Irish defensive line, has taken to his YouTube channel to continue building his social media presence. Along with a popular Twitter handle — @IrishChocolate9 –Nix has now started “Chocolate News,” his YouTube updates of life in South Bend, as Nix and his teammates begin summer school and voluntary workouts.

Along with partner-in-crime, linebacker Kendall Moore, Nix’s pilot episode included a trip to Sam’s Club, where Nix, Moore, and freshman Sheldon Day, do their best to stock up on healthy food as they begin their training for the 2012 season.

But Nix outdid himself with episode two, scooping the local and national media getting the first public comments from head coach Brian Kelly after his back surgery. While Nix didn’t press him for updates on the Carlo Calabrese or Tommy Rees legal situations, Kelly looked in good spirits and fine health after back surgery, and even cracks a few nice jokes at the end.

***

1. 25kgold - Jun 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM

BK stands for KOOL!!!!!

• 25kgold - Jun 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM

B(CS) K(OOL)

• jerseyshorendfan1 - Jun 22, 2012 at 2:09 AM

(omg) (u) (r) (so) ( gay)

2. dickasman - Jun 22, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Props to bk for losing his stiffiness, i mean stuffyness. I like what he said about more encouragement and less lobster face.

3. yaketyyacc - Jun 22, 2012 at 4:09 AM

the internet doth makes spoiled brats of us all. being able to not only follow the Notre Dame football team with Keith Arnold, but to float around the town with Nix, and see our coach in another, more relaxed, persona. continued recovery coach Kelly….

4. ndgoldandblue - Jun 22, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Dick, or should I call you Richard? I will admit that the guy has had the tendency to get a little heated. But, looking at the video, I think BK is just naturally red in the face. I think that’s just how he looks. Maybe he has a bit of rosacea. I have that condition, and there’s nothing I can do about it.

5. bigmix86 - Jun 22, 2012 at 2:11 PM

BK just needs to put on some sunblock once in a while.

6. bernhtp - Jun 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Notre Dame is using its secret weapon for recruiting:

7. papadec - Jun 24, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Nice item bern – thanks for posting it.

• bernhtp - Jun 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Thanks. I remember at how impressed Jaylon Smith was when he saw Skylar. I think he got her autograph. Too bad this year will be her last at ND.

8. nudeman - Jun 25, 2012 at 12:36 AM

OK, I suppose it’s just me, Mr. Turd In The PunchBowl
    I love Skylar, have seen her play many times, and have seen her workout videos
    I’ve also seen her numerous air balls and turnovers
    Great kid, great ND athlete, overrated as a bballer

Sorry

• bernhtp - Jun 25, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Nude, I largely disagree but that is besides the point. The quality that makes her a hit among football recruits is not her ball handling, uh, well not in the basketball sense.