Sep 1, 2012, 7:44 AM EDT
DUBLIN, Ireland — Here we go folks. Another football season is here. On a beautiful, sunny and windy afternoon in Aviva Stadium, Notre Dame begins its 2012 season. Led by first-time starting quarterback Everett Golson, the Irish are looking to get the season off to a good start.
With a 2 p.m. local kickoff, fans back home in the United States will be watching the game over breakfast, with the kickoff at 9 a.m. in South Bend and a set-your-alarm-clock 6 a.m. kickoff on the West Coast.
As always, we’re live-blogging the proceedings. So stop by and watch the game with us, and as usual I’ll try to referee the action.
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 68
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12
- In a time of change, Denbrock a constant 35