Sep 1, 2012, 7:44 AM EDT
DUBLIN, Ireland — Here we go folks. Another football season is here. On a beautiful, sunny and windy afternoon in Aviva Stadium, Notre Dame begins its 2012 season. Led by first-time starting quarterback Everett Golson, the Irish are looking to get the season off to a good start.
With a 2 p.m. local kickoff, fans back home in the United States will be watching the game over breakfast, with the kickoff at 9 a.m. in South Bend and a set-your-alarm-clock 6 a.m. kickoff on the West Coast.
As always, we’re live-blogging the proceedings. So stop by and watch the game with us, and as usual I’ll try to referee the action.
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw