Sep 1, 2012, 7:44 AM EDT
DUBLIN, Ireland — Here we go folks. Another football season is here. On a beautiful, sunny and windy afternoon in Aviva Stadium, Notre Dame begins its 2012 season. Led by first-time starting quarterback Everett Golson, the Irish are looking to get the season off to a good start.
With a 2 p.m. local kickoff, fans back home in the United States will be watching the game over breakfast, with the kickoff at 9 a.m. in South Bend and a set-your-alarm-clock 6 a.m. kickoff on the West Coast.
As always, we’re live-blogging the proceedings. So stop by and watch the game with us, and as usual I’ll try to referee the action.
- Notre Dame’s post-spring depth chart: Offense 30
- The good, the bad, the ugly: 85th Blue-Gold game 73
- Five things we learned: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 66
- Pregame Six Pack: 85th annual Blue-Gold game 19
- Blue-Gold game: Ten Irish players to watch 26
- Establishing expectations for Brian VanGorder’s defense 37