Behind the scenes: Irish Connection vs. Navy

Sep 4, 2012, 11:12 AM EST

Notre Dame v Navy Getty Images

Wrapping up the Irish’s 50-10 victory over Navy, UND.com’s popular Irish Connection video, the 40th edition, is posted for everyone’s enjoyment.

It features a ton of great sideline footage including touchdown runs by Theo Riddick, George Atkinson, Stephon Tuitt, and Robby Toma. It also gives you a peak onto the sidelines during the romp, and into the locker room for the post game speeches, which included special visitor Father John Jenkins, the president of the university.

As always, great stuff, and a good look behind the curtain.

***

1. notredave - Sep 4, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Love Irish Connection!

Keith,

Do to think you could re-post that blog you did from last year where BK talks about the Five phases of winning? I believe that was the title.

• charlieweis - Sep 4, 2012 at 2:45 PM

ps. surprised that this user name was still available.

2. oldestguard - Sep 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM

A little icing on the Irish Soda Bread.

Hope to see this play out 9 or 10 more times this year.

• 808raiderinparadise - Sep 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I would like to see this play 11 more times this year, just my opinion.

Purdue will be a different tempo to defend. I would like to see the defense re-create itself and continue to force turnovers for our new offesne and QB coming along.

3. irishirish777 - Sep 4, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Keep it up Irish!!!

Go Irish!!!

4. irish2011 - Sep 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Go Irish!!!!

5. irish4006 - Sep 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I know it’s Navy and I know they are not in their best shape at the moment (it was only the first game of the season and we will know pretty soon how good of a team they really are), but one thing I really liked about the game is that it was (pretty close to) a complete game – from planning to play-calling to execution on the field. ND made some mistakes – one personal foul, one interception and overall poor execution by the cornerbacks; but we are getting there. I do feel like things are finally coming together.

This is a feeling that I haven’t experienced in 5 years under CW or 3 years under TW. Let’s hope we keep improving each week and do the best we can as a team.

6. dickasman - Sep 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I love these sideline videos, gets me all nice n firm! Brings me back to my playing days oh how I miss thee…I wish I would not have wasted my time following the got dam grateful forking dead around and spent more time training. Shocked not a single f bomb was dropped.

7. dickasman - Sep 4, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Can we get more of these sideline videos every week please?

8. michigandomer1984 - Sep 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Both this video and Pat Forde’s article brought tears to my eyes. I love ND because we are unique. While winning is important and makes all of this more fun, I am a fan because of what the university stands for both on and off the field. I will stay a fan and cheer for them during both up and down years. For those that are singularly focused on winning, leave and quit poisoning our fan base. Go cheer for a football factory, because that is the only way you will be happy year in and year out.

• dickasman - Sep 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Uhhhhh, it’s ok domer, dry your eyes my friend. Here’s a hug n kiss, lighten up, XOXO!