Sep 7, 2012, 9:17 PM EDT
With Notre Dame set to kickoff its home schedule tomorrow at 3:30 p.m. ET, I’ve received a few hundred emails and tweets from nervous Irish fans wondering how they’ll be able to watch the game if they’re away from their television.
(Or in some places in the Southeast, if their local affiliate decided to show Alabama take on some cupcake.)
Well have no fear. The NBC Sports Live Extra app is here.
With a new interface to replace the old ND Central app, the NBC Sports Live Extra app builds off the popular platform that helped viewers watch almost 24 million live streams of the London Olympics. In addition to Notre Dame games, you’ll also be able to watch live sporting events that air on NBC, NBC Sports Network and the Golf Channel, meaning this app should be getting a workout come bye week when the Americans take on the Europeans in the Ryder Cup.
If you don’t have a tablet or smart phone, don’t sweat it. As we did bright and early (for everyone here) in Dublin, we’ll also be hosting both a live blog here. And the game will also stream live at NBCSports.com, where you can watch the game with full DVR functionality in high definition from your computer. I’ll also be hosting a chat there.
In other words, we’ve got you covered.
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12
- In a time of change, Denbrock a constant 35
- How does Will Fuller follow up his monster 2014 season? 33
- Sanford trying to quantify quarterback competition 42