Sep 13, 2012, 12:47 PM EST
We’ll keep the focus on football for the remainder of the week (as this is a Notre Dame football blog), but UND.com did great work yesterday, getting the reaction of just about all of Notre Dame’s coaches after the announcement of the move to the ACC broke.
While most of the analysis by the media yesterday focused on the football aspects of the move, the bigger story that everybody seems to be pushing to the background is the fact that Notre Dame gets to go from a Big East conference that had lost its original identity to the ACC, a conference with almost 60 years of tradition that will elevate the level of play for the Irish almost across the board.
Here are the reactions of a few Irish coaches:
MIKE BRAY – Men’s Basketball
MUFFET MCGRAW – Women’s Basketball
RANDY WALDRUM – Women’s Soccer
MIK AOKI – Baseball
TIM WELSH – Men’s Swimming & Diving
Various Notre Dame coaches look back at the Big East experience
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39