Sep 13, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
We’ll keep the focus on football for the remainder of the week (as this is a Notre Dame football blog), but UND.com did great work yesterday, getting the reaction of just about all of Notre Dame’s coaches after the announcement of the move to the ACC broke.
While most of the analysis by the media yesterday focused on the football aspects of the move, the bigger story that everybody seems to be pushing to the background is the fact that Notre Dame gets to go from a Big East conference that had lost its original identity to the ACC, a conference with almost 60 years of tradition that will elevate the level of play for the Irish almost across the board.
Here are the reactions of a few Irish coaches:
MIKE BRAY – Men’s Basketball
MUFFET MCGRAW – Women’s Basketball
RANDY WALDRUM – Women’s Soccer
MIK AOKI – Baseball
TIM WELSH – Men’s Swimming & Diving
Various Notre Dame coaches look back at the Big East experience
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12