Video round-up: Notre Dame beats Michigan

Sep 23, 2012, 1:53 PM EDT

Michigan v Notre Dame Getty Images

The newest AP poll is out and Notre Dame climbed  to No. 10. It’s the highest ranking for the Irish since the end of the 2006 season, and gives the Irish an opportunity to head into bye week on their best early season roll in a decade.

We’ll get to the big recruiting weekend as news trickles in. We’ll also have the good, bad and ugly a little bit later. But here’s a video round-up with some highlights from Notre Dame’s big victory over Michigan.

***

Alex Flanagan with Brian Kelly after the game:

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!

***

Tom Hammond and Mike Mayock talk keys to victory:

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!

***

NBC’s highlights:

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!

***

Brian Kelly press conference recap:

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!

***

Full Brian Kelly press conference:

***

UND.com’s highlights:

***

UND.com’s Player Interviews:

***

UND.com’s Irish Connection:

1. jomilly - Sep 23, 2012 at 2:04 PM

hmmm, well lets get this started. Nude tell me more about how bad Rees sucks, and how accurate Golson is. Oh yeah, rees bailed em out again!!!! Oh now what should you say. Nothing would be great!!! But for completely clarification, Im still waiting for Gunners opening day start next year. Thrilled with the win!!! That D is nasty!!!!!!

• irish4006 - Sep 23, 2012 at 2:30 PM

What’s your point? There is a reason Everett is our starter and continues to be… and you are waiting on Gunner’s start next year, like you already know he will play lights out football from game 1? How? If he is that great that you seem to know for sure, why don’t we just hand the keys over to him now. He will probably not even need coaching, let’s just fire the offensive coaches and save some money for the school while we are at it.

Try to articulate your thoughts better next time so that it doesn’t sound so dumb next time and, BTW, the 2 thumbs up you got are probably for –
      1. Taking a shot at Nude
      2. The D is nasty comment

• fentocamarillo - Sep 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Try to articulate your thoughts better? Who are you? This is the blog not English class. Stop being so pompous. The gentleman has a right to his thoughts without criticism of his grammar. Idiot.

• irish4006 - Sep 23, 2012 at 4:46 PM

@fento, no one criticized anyone’s grammar; calling someone an idiot without even understanding what is being said, however, does say something about your own intelligence.

• fentocamarillo - Sep 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Irish 4006

So you calling jomilly “dumb” is ok. I repeat my last comment…see above.

• irish4006 - Sep 24, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Sigh, you still did not get it… Okay, let me help you (although I have my doubts) – my first post was to ask what jomilly’s point was, which for some reason you thought was about criticizing grammar. The second post was to politely remind you that you need to understand what is being discussed before jumping to conclusion. Focusing on one word in a 100+ word post without understanding the context or the content and getting one’s panties in a bunch is not a sign of intelligence.

I don’t know how to make it any clearer. I will try to run this reasoning by some 4th graders I know in the neighborhood and see if they understand. Either way, I am done with you… please feel free to call any other name (or keep repeating yourself).

• irish4006 - Sep 23, 2012 at 2:35 PM

BTW, I did like how TR played in this game, a lot. He looked like a very different player and made some pretty good throws. Great job!

• jomilly - Sep 23, 2012 at 2:49 PM

4006 I love your heart. made me laugh. Ill work on not being so stupid, thanks for the reality check buddy!!!

• irish4006 - Sep 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM

:-). Sorry, nothing personal. I think EG will get much better as the season progresses. He will have the opportunity to prove himself in the next couple of games before Stanford. There is no need to give up on the season so early (esp. when you are sitting pretty on a 4-0 record) and look forward to next; is there any guarantee that GK will be a stud from day 1, or we will be a better team even if he is?

Go Irish, beat Miami (and BYU and Stanford and… on and on)!! As soon as we start playing some offense, this will be a fun team to watch.

• nudeman - Sep 23, 2012 at 8:51 PM

jomilly
      You maintain your standing here as the village idiot
      You obviously didn’t see my other posts where I saluted Rees, unequivocally
      Or maybe it just didn’t fit your narrative
      Go back to watching FOX News

• jomilly - Sep 23, 2012 at 9:08 PM

oh nude is that the best you got. put your big boy pants on and stop crying. Your not even funny anymore. And no I dont read all your crap anymore, sorry dont really think anyone does!!!!

• nudeman - Sep 23, 2012 at 9:33 PM

OK, sorry

2. papadec - Sep 23, 2012 at 3:46 PM

espn reporting that Torii Hunter Jr committed to ND (#21).

• ndgoldandblue - Sep 23, 2012 at 3:53 PM

3. jomilly - Sep 23, 2012 at 5:23 PM

im not saying give up on him. Im more saying stop hating rees. Hes unathletic, not the strongest arm, made many mistakes last year, but just as Golson can get better, why cant rees. As far as ive seen, and im not thrilled to say this, Rees probably should be the qb, not sure what he has to do to earn it. But in my book he has.