Oct 11, 2012, 4:35 PM EDT
Another Thursday, another Irish Blogger Gathering. This week, I’ve drawn the godfather of the IBG, The Subway Domer. When he’s not leading the charge here, or putting a purple-faced Brian Kelly on a unicorn, he’s openly judging our Tweets. He’s also just picked himself up off the canvas and announced his non-retirement from blogging. (As if he thought we’d just let him leave…)
With another difficult opponent in front of Notre Dame, and another game that’ll likely shape the ceiling of this season, I asked SD three questions and he was kind enough to answer them.
Here we go:
1. You, the Subway Domer, are a red-blooded American and a Notre Dame football fan. That means these first six weeks of college football season have been an era of prosperity you haven’t experienced in some time. Are you willing to quantify just how fun it’s been watching this football team start the season undefeated? Are you willing to let yourself dream about what could possibly be? What are your expectations for the last seven games of the football season?
Absolutely not. Fun? You have to be joking. I was stressing out the entire 2nd half of the Miami game because I WANTED that no touchdowns streak to continue.
With all that said, I can admit that I am a lot more satisfied with what is taking place than in previous years, but I’m dreading that first loss- whenever it may be. I can also admit to dreaming of absolute glory, so yeah… I am the epitome of happy confusion right now.
As far as the next 7 games are concerned, I truly feel that it will be more of the same. Kelly has been preaching consistency since he arrived in the Bend, and now it appears that benchmark is set for the rest of the team. It may not be enough to win every game, but then again… maybe that’s exactly what it does.
2. If you assigned an overall ranking to every player on Notre Dame’s roster (like EA Sports’ videogame), and had 20 overall points to disperse to the roster right now to make the team better, how would you allocate them?
I could be frugal with my distribution, but I like Chunky Soup.
5+ speed Motta
5+ speed Farley
10+ awareness Golson
3. Rank your excitement/anxiety level on the remaining games on the schedule.
I’m going to rank these in order from least stress to most stress, as I am generally pretty freaked out by game time for every game:
1. Wake Forest
3. Boston College
Pretty basic stuff there.
- For Golson, challenges won’t disappear now that he’s at FSU 0
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 38
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 104
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 172