Oct 13, 2012, 3:12 PM EDT
SOUTH BEND, Ind. — The skies opened up around 2 p.m., adding another wrinkle to a game filled with interesting subplots. While the hardest rain seems to be behind us, the Irish and the Cardinal will not just battle each other, they’ll battle the elements.
As usual, a Notre Dame home game will give you plenty of options to follow the action. Joined by my friends at The Observer, we’ll be hosting a live blog here. If you’re unable to catch the game on television, you can find it at the NBC Sports Live Extra app, or by clicking this link here. You’ll have an HD feed, DVR capabilities, and the opportunity to chat with me through the video player. (One of those things isn’t quite as great as the other two.)
So buckle up and get ready to chat. With the weather being what it is, expect a slug fest. The team that can survive the slop with the least amount of mistakes should walk away victorious.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 119
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69