Oct 27, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
It’s finally here.
After breaking down just about every angle of this game thinkable, it’s finally time to actually see what happens. As No. 5 Notre Dame visits No. 8 Oklahoma, the Irish find themselves having to spring the upset, a significant underdog even though they’re ranked higher in the polls.
Notre Dame will be without George Atkinson this evening, as the sophomore running back stayed in South Bend, inactive after a serious bout with the flu. But Notre Dame still has two running backs critical to the Irish’s success, with both Theo Riddick and Cierre Wood needing to carry the load this evening.
We’ll finally see what happens when the Irish’s stout defense meets the Sooners’ explosive offense. Can Stephon Tuitt and Manti Te’o shut down Landry Jones and company? Let’s all get together and talk about it.
We’re joined by the guys at the Observer, so let’s all play nice here. It’s going to be a tense game, so buckle up and enjoy (once again) the biggest game of the season.
- After high-profile academic mistakes, Notre Dame wisely examining new options 30
- Everett Golson transferring to Florida State 102
- KeiVarae Russell’s Return (or the greatest story we’re not talking about) 31
- Five things we’ve learned: Analyzing Everett Golson’s departure 125
- It’s official: Everett Golson will transfer (UPDATED) 171
- ESPN Report: Golson plans to transfer 18