Oct 27, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
It’s finally here.
After breaking down just about every angle of this game thinkable, it’s finally time to actually see what happens. As No. 5 Notre Dame visits No. 8 Oklahoma, the Irish find themselves having to spring the upset, a significant underdog even though they’re ranked higher in the polls.
Notre Dame will be without George Atkinson this evening, as the sophomore running back stayed in South Bend, inactive after a serious bout with the flu. But Notre Dame still has two running backs critical to the Irish’s success, with both Theo Riddick and Cierre Wood needing to carry the load this evening.
We’ll finally see what happens when the Irish’s stout defense meets the Sooners’ explosive offense. Can Stephon Tuitt and Manti Te’o shut down Landry Jones and company? Let’s all get together and talk about it.
We’re joined by the guys at the Observer, so let’s all play nice here. It’s going to be a tense game, so buckle up and enjoy (once again) the biggest game of the season.
- Golson returns to the practice field 20
- Spring Solutions: Wide receivers and tight ends 23
- Cody Riggs officially joins the Irish 39
- Academic casualties proof that foundation at Notre Dame remains 120
- Irish succeed with 2014 class, even against the odds 121
- Notre Dame announces Campus Crossroads Project 39