Oct 27, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
It’s finally here.
After breaking down just about every angle of this game thinkable, it’s finally time to actually see what happens. As No. 5 Notre Dame visits No. 8 Oklahoma, the Irish find themselves having to spring the upset, a significant underdog even though they’re ranked higher in the polls.
Notre Dame will be without George Atkinson this evening, as the sophomore running back stayed in South Bend, inactive after a serious bout with the flu. But Notre Dame still has two running backs critical to the Irish’s success, with both Theo Riddick and Cierre Wood needing to carry the load this evening.
We’ll finally see what happens when the Irish’s stout defense meets the Sooners’ explosive offense. Can Stephon Tuitt and Manti Te’o shut down Landry Jones and company? Let’s all get together and talk about it.
We’re joined by the guys at the Observer, so let’s all play nice here. It’s going to be a tense game, so buckle up and enjoy (once again) the biggest game of the season.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12