Oct 27, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
It’s finally here.
After breaking down just about every angle of this game thinkable, it’s finally time to actually see what happens. As No. 5 Notre Dame visits No. 8 Oklahoma, the Irish find themselves having to spring the upset, a significant underdog even though they’re ranked higher in the polls.
Notre Dame will be without George Atkinson this evening, as the sophomore running back stayed in South Bend, inactive after a serious bout with the flu. But Notre Dame still has two running backs critical to the Irish’s success, with both Theo Riddick and Cierre Wood needing to carry the load this evening.
We’ll finally see what happens when the Irish’s stout defense meets the Sooners’ explosive offense. Can Stephon Tuitt and Manti Te’o shut down Landry Jones and company? Let’s all get together and talk about it.
We’re joined by the guys at the Observer, so let’s all play nice here. It’s going to be a tense game, so buckle up and enjoy (once again) the biggest game of the season.
- It’s official: Golson returns to Notre Dame 59
- Bob Diaco accepts the UConn head coaching job 117
- Stay or go? Stephon Tuitt has a big decision to make 40
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Bryant’s redshirt freshman season appears official (118)
- Postseason Mailbag: Now Open (Christmas giveaway bonus!) (91)
- Recruiting bonanza continues with TE Tyler Luatua commitment (90)
- Pot of Gold pushes Notre Dame recruiting to the forefront (34)
- Elston pledges return as Irish program moves forward (28)