Live blog: Notre Dame vs. Oklahoma

Oct 27, 2012, 7:28 PM EST

Te'o Captain

It’s finally here.

After breaking down just about every angle of this game thinkable, it’s finally time to actually see what happens. As No. 5 Notre Dame visits No. 8 Oklahoma, the Irish find themselves having to spring the upset, a significant underdog even though they’re ranked higher in the polls.

Notre Dame will be without George Atkinson this evening, as the sophomore running back stayed in South Bend, inactive after a serious bout with the flu. But Notre Dame still has two running backs critical to the Irish’s success, with both Theo Riddick and Cierre Wood needing to carry the load this evening.

We’ll finally see what happens when the Irish’s stout defense meets the Sooners’ explosive offense. Can Stephon Tuitt and Manti Te’o shut down Landry Jones and company? Let’s all get together and talk about it.

We’re joined by the guys at the Observer, so let’s all play nice here. It’s going to be a tense game, so buckle up and enjoy (once again) the biggest game of the season.

***

1. irishfan4ever - Oct 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Keep on winning ugly baby keep it up.

• dickasman - Oct 27, 2012 at 11:42 PM

That’s what your wife said, right? ;-)

2. kiopta1 - Oct 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I guess OU is a nobody now right?

3. crturner84 - Oct 27, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Looks like my 2 OU buddies are wearing ND hats for the rest of football season. GO IRISH! feels fantastic to be 8-0

4. whodabigdog - Oct 27, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I live in michigan. Shoud I go to the local bar and rub it in?

• 9irish - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Go to one of the places in Ann Arbor

• dickasman - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:08 AM

If u don’t, def rub one out at he least

5. 9irish - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM

And everyone was comlaining about BK’s “humility”….snake in the grass….he knew. Bet you a bunch of OU and ESPN people wish they had their words back.

Just a better team…beat them down. Even I was a little surprised. Not much though.

Don’t see any ND wins being a “shocker” in the near future.

Go Irish

• dickasman - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I love me some shocker, one in the coo one in the poo baby! I can’t wait to trojanhorse pound USC. I wish we were playing them next week!

6. mannydomer61 - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Wow I guess we aren’t the sisters of the poor after all. I am guessing we won’t be seeing to many okies on here anytime soon.
    Great win for the program, I love this team. CHEER CHEER FOR OLD NOTRE DAME WAKE UP THE ECHOES CHEERING HER NAME!!!! He’ll yer gonna be hard to sleep tonight

• dickasman - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

7. dickasman - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Guys, we are Alabama!

8. dickasman - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:11 AM

We are backkkkkkkkkkkkk, fock yeah! The good guys are on top again, take that honey badger!

9. ekalderf - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Gee i guess Oklahoma isnt any good since ND beat ‘em? Suck it Mark May, Lee Corso and Desmond Howard! Go Irish!

• dickasman - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Mark may will back track now and admit nd is good….but I have a feeling he will pick the Trojans to win, then he ll have to eat it again

10. mdp44 - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Mark may can suck it

11. oldestguard - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Manti is in a season-long ZONE !

We have very good receivers.

OL came to play.

Justice was served when that late TD for OK never did happen.

Kelly has been pushing every right button.

That was Swarbrick reassuring Kelly his extension was forthcoming.

Time for all Irish fans to relax and enjoy some glory…it’s been a while,

12. alsatiannd - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Hold on guys. Oklahoma was guaranteed to score 60 points on us. There’s still 3 more games to play. It’s a 4 game series, right?

13. jgater1981 - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM

*sigh* I understand how the BCS works, but we should NEVER cheer for USC or UM. EVER. We just owned a top 10 team, while those assholes lost. How can you not be happy?!

14. mdp44 - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I can say I wasn’t to confident we would win but the point spread was stupid

15. jgater1981 - Oct 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Mark May will NEVER admit ND is good. I guarantee he picks Pitt (he did play there after all).