Nov 3, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
It’s a crisp football Saturday in South Bend. And while the temperature might be hovering in the 40s, the Irish offense is hoping to heat up against a Pitt defense thinned out by injuries. For Everett Golson, it’s a chance to build on a big performance against Oklahoma. On the defensive side of the ball, it’s a chance to get after quarterback Tino Sunseri, who’s protected by an offensive line that’s struggled at times under duress.
Notre Dame has a shot to get to 9-0 for the first time since 1993, with the opportunity to start a season with nine straight victories for the 16th time in school history. And as usual, we’ll be there for you in a variety of ways this afternoon.
For the live blog, see below. We’ll be joined by our friends at the Observer again and might try to add a special live blog guest as well. (Catch the excitement!) I’ll also be answering questions in NBC Sports’ video player, where the game will be streaming live in HD with DVR capabilities. You can also watch the game on your mobile device or tablet with the NBC Sports Live Extra app.
So buckle up for a fun afternoon of football, leading into a pretty terrific evening as well.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12