Nov 10, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
The first shock-wave just reverberated across college football. Alabama, long thought the most impervious to upset, just had its undefeated season ended at the hands of a precocious young quarterback known as Johnny Football. With the nation’s top team off the grid, the Irish have an opportunity to make a few waves this evening as well, with only 2-7 Boston College standing in their way.
As always, we’ve got the live blog here for your entertainment. Can the Irish, nearly three touchdown favorites, play like a national title contender? Will Everett Golson continue his solid play away from Notre Dame Stadium? Will the Irish defense harass Chase Rettig as the Boston College quarterback tries to keep the Eagles in the game through the air?
It’s already been a crazy day of college football, with undefeated Louisville getting undressed by Syracuse. With Kansas State, Oregon and the Irish all playing this evening, will there be any more surprises across the college football landscape?
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 38
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31
- Spring solutions: Offensive Line 64