Nov 10, 2012, 7:50 PM EST
The first shock-wave just reverberated across college football. Alabama, long thought the most impervious to upset, just had its undefeated season ended at the hands of a precocious young quarterback known as Johnny Football. With the nation’s top team off the grid, the Irish have an opportunity to make a few waves this evening as well, with only 2-7 Boston College standing in their way.
As always, we’ve got the live blog here for your entertainment. Can the Irish, nearly three touchdown favorites, play like a national title contender? Will Everett Golson continue his solid play away from Notre Dame Stadium? Will the Irish defense harass Chase Rettig as the Boston College quarterback tries to keep the Eagles in the game through the air?
It’s already been a crazy day of college football, with undefeated Louisville getting undressed by Syracuse. With Kansas State, Oregon and the Irish all playing this evening, will there be any more surprises across the college football landscape?
- It’s official: Golson returns to Notre Dame 59
- Bob Diaco accepts the UConn head coaching job 117
- Stay or go? Stephon Tuitt has a big decision to make 40
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140