Marqise Lee talks match-up with Notre Dame

Nov 21, 2012, 8:57 PM EDT

USC’s No. 1 weapon, wide receiver Marqise Lee, went on the air with Russ Thaler on SportsTalk today, talking about the big game this weekend, Max Wittek’s “guarantee,” and what a victory over No. 1 Notre Dame would mean for the Trojans.

***

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. dickasman - Nov 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Can’t see the video from my iPhone but does he look like a gangbanger?

• idratherbeinsouthbend - Nov 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM

No, he looks nothing like Jenna Jamison…nothing at all.

• 9irish - Nov 22, 2012 at 6:44 AM

No, I think she is friends with the cheerleaders

• papadec - Nov 22, 2012 at 12:06 AM

dickas – nah – he looks like a clean cut, All-American kid – that would look better playing in a ND uniform – once he lost the usc issued diamond stud earrings.

2. jmfinsd - Nov 22, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Saw this sign outside Sacred Heart Catholic Church while driving in Southern California:

“GO IRISH!! KICK USC’S ASS. LOVE, JESUS”

Had to do a doubletake.

• glowplugv - Nov 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM

You have got to post a picture of that sign!

• jmfinsd - Nov 24, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I tried. Can’t figure out how. If someone tells me how, I’ll post it.

3. ekalderf - Nov 22, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Ok here goes…my favorite ND v USC moment from the last time this game had NC implications. 1988 Stan Smagala’s interception of Rodney Peete’s pass, yeah it was great that Smagala scored the TD, but the best part was early in the return when Peete made amove to pursue the play, he took one mabye two steps before Frank Stams absolutely oblierated him on ablock and planted him the Coliseum turf!

Here’s to seeing that kind of “nasty” clean hit on Saturday night.

• alfightin - Nov 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Mine was Tony Rice going 65 yards for the TD!!!! Want to see Evertt do the same thing!!!! GO IRISH TRASH THE TROJANS!!!!!!

4. canadianndfan - Nov 22, 2012 at 10:07 AM

Listen to Lee talk about ND’s great leaders at the 2:40 mark “starting with Montay”. Hmmmm well Mr. Lee I hope you run a crossing route over the middle and get to meet “Montay” I’m sure after the game is over you will learn his name is Manti…..

• bernhtp - Nov 22, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I can imagine that through the haze of semi-consciousness, Lee hears the words (in a Clint Eastwood-type whisper) ” it’s pronounced Man-Tie.”

5. dudeacow - Nov 22, 2012 at 1:06 PM

I loved at the 1:30 mark the picture that looked like he was using the force. Too bad he’s on the dark side.

PReDiCTioNS

Phil Steele: USC 24-23

NCAA 13: ND 51-14

Me: ND 24-17

6. goirish08 - Nov 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Gonna be a handful regardless of the season SC has had!!!

7. tjak2 - Nov 22, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I am a huge ND fan and I despise U$C, but I got to say I was impressed with this young man. He seemed honest and humble to me, earrings aside. Not knowing anything about him, I would say he is a good kid, too bad the Irish are going to drub his team this weekend.

• papadec - Nov 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM

tjak – maybe he will see the light, turn away from the Dark Side, and join Amir (and possibly Max)?