Jan 3, 2013, 1:38 AM EST
With a contingency of Orange jacketed boosters waiting on the tarmac, Brian Kelly and the Fighting Irish arrived in South Florida, landing in Fort Lauderdale on the final step of their miraculous journey.
With a throng of media surrounding the Irish head coach as he exited the plane, National Championship week has started in earnest. It couldn’t come soon enough.
“Getting on the plane, we finally realized the fact that we are going to play a football game. Everybody was just anxious to get here,” Kelly said.
You’re not alone, coach.
While we’ll continue to pump out our player features, we’re going to turn our attention to the football game for the rest of the week. I’ll be traveling to Miami on Thursday and posting early and often until game day. (You may also catch me pitching in on NBC Sports Network, too.)
As usual, I’ll do my best to keep you up to speed on all the comings and goings, and keep my ears open for any news that could break in the next few days. If you’re down in Florida for the game, drop me a Tweet or fire off a comment and we’ll see if we can get an Inside the Irish get together on the books.
After a very long month of waiting, it’s finally time to see if Notre Dame can take down the mighty Alabama Crimson Tide.
It should be mighty fun.
- Bob Diaco accepts the UConn head coaching job 3
- Stay or go? Stephon Tuitt has a big decision to make 17
- It’s official: Chuck Martin the new head coach at Miami (OH) 96
- The good, the bad and the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Stanford 79
- Five things we learned: Stanford 27, Notre Dame 20 140
- Pregame Six Pack: Send off at Stanford 43