Jan 3, 2013, 1:38 AM EDT
With a contingency of Orange jacketed boosters waiting on the tarmac, Brian Kelly and the Fighting Irish arrived in South Florida, landing in Fort Lauderdale on the final step of their miraculous journey.
With a throng of media surrounding the Irish head coach as he exited the plane, National Championship week has started in earnest. It couldn’t come soon enough.
“Getting on the plane, we finally realized the fact that we are going to play a football game. Everybody was just anxious to get here,” Kelly said.
You’re not alone, coach.
While we’ll continue to pump out our player features, we’re going to turn our attention to the football game for the rest of the week. I’ll be traveling to Miami on Thursday and posting early and often until game day. (You may also catch me pitching in on NBC Sports Network, too.)
As usual, I’ll do my best to keep you up to speed on all the comings and goings, and keep my ears open for any news that could break in the next few days. If you’re down in Florida for the game, drop me a Tweet or fire off a comment and we’ll see if we can get an Inside the Irish get together on the books.
After a very long month of waiting, it’s finally time to see if Notre Dame can take down the mighty Alabama Crimson Tide.
It should be mighty fun.
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame 132
- Academic misconduct investigation underway at Notre Dame 58
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season 130
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves 82
- Kelly names Golson starting quarterback 78
- Irish A-to-Z: Max Redfield 56
- With all eyes watching, a dig for truth begins at Notre Dame (132)
- Multiple Reports: Notre Dame set to suspend four players for season (130)
- Kelly addresses academic investigation (128)
- Phillip Daniels feels confident son DaVaris will be cleared (93)
- Ready or Not: Young Irish defenders making moves (82)