Jan 17, 2013, 3:15 AM EDT
As the hours roll on, we’ll likely learn much more about the elaborate prank that turned Manti Te’o’s life upside down. As Deadspin’s initial report brings the hive mind to the search party, we’ll learn more and more about people like Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, a character that’ll likely become more and more despicable as the facts come to life.
The mystery of Lennay Kekua seems to only get more confusing. NFL fullback Reagan Mauia claims to have met Kekua too, insisting to ESPN that she’s a real person.
“This was before her and Manti,” Mauia told ESPN. “I don’t think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was — I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa.”
As this story continues to bizarrely unravel, Timothy Burke, one of the co-authors of the Deadspin story, joined Erik Kuselias to discuss the breaking news.
- The good, the bad and the ugly: The 86th annual Blue-Gold game 60
- Five things we learned: Gold 36, Blue 34 76
- Pregame Six Pack: Finishing spring practice strong 3
- Even without guarantee, Kelly expects Golson to return next season 107
- Grace opens up about the long road back 44
- Irish QB battle with (understandably) head into fall camp 12