Jan 17, 2013, 3:15 AM EDT
As the hours roll on, we’ll likely learn much more about the elaborate prank that turned Manti Te’o’s life upside down. As Deadspin’s initial report brings the hive mind to the search party, we’ll learn more and more about people like Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, a character that’ll likely become more and more despicable as the facts come to life.
The mystery of Lennay Kekua seems to only get more confusing. NFL fullback Reagan Mauia claims to have met Kekua too, insisting to ESPN that she’s a real person.
“This was before her and Manti,” Mauia told ESPN. “I don’t think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was — I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa.”
As this story continues to bizarrely unravel, Timothy Burke, one of the co-authors of the Deadspin story, joined Erik Kuselias to discuss the breaking news.
- It’s still way too early, but Notre Dame’s path is open to CFB Playoff 129
- The good, the bad, the ugly: Notre Dame vs. Purdue 61
- Five things we learned: Notre Dame 30, Purdue 14 81
- Pregame Six Pack: An all Hoosiers Shamrock Series 39
- And in that corner… The Purdue Boilermakers 41
- Even after shutout, Irish hope best is yet to come for young D 69