Jan 17, 2013, 3:15 AM EDT
As the hours roll on, we’ll likely learn much more about the elaborate prank that turned Manti Te’o’s life upside down. As Deadspin’s initial report brings the hive mind to the search party, we’ll learn more and more about people like Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, a character that’ll likely become more and more despicable as the facts come to life.
The mystery of Lennay Kekua seems to only get more confusing. NFL fullback Reagan Mauia claims to have met Kekua too, insisting to ESPN that she’s a real person.
“This was before her and Manti,” Mauia told ESPN. “I don’t think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was — I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa.”
As this story continues to bizarrely unravel, Timothy Burke, one of the co-authors of the Deadspin story, joined Erik Kuselias to discuss the breaking news.
- Sanford trying to quantify quarterback competition 0
- Running back Tony Jones Jr. commits to Irish 36
- Irish open spring: Five quick updates from BK 44
- Tracking fifth-year spots and the bumpy road to 85 scholarships 41
- Great on paper, rebuilt staff needs to hit the ground running 15
- Matt Hegarty will transfer for fifth year 31